Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Psn Down?

(PSN)jwernecke

So since about 4am CDT the psn has been down. Can't play warframe without being able to log in but warframe is still dropping alerts. Is this a total shutdown on psn or is it localized? Supposedly according to Google the psn is being ddosed by the "Lizard Squad"... (Lame &#! hacker name BTW)...

psn is down, apparently psn was ddosed this morning, which is why everyone is having issues connecting, signing in. just google lizard sqaud and you find a bunch of articles on what happened. below i provided a few link to to stay updated whenever this issue is fixed.  

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237/~/psn-status%3A-online

I'm sure that is something DE is going to have to hammer out with sony. Its not des fault it doesn't work....although it not really Sony's either... Ddos is what it is everyone is susceptible to it...

It's not unheard of to reimburse people with paid-time (like boosters) in the event of a DDoS attack either.  It's like if you bought tickets to the movies for several showings... and someone called in a bomb threat and the theatre was evacuated.  The theatre would refund the cost of the movie you were unable to see.

Actually, just doing a blanket "+ X booster time" to all people that had boosters would be a nice gesture really. 

The problem is today is still the weekend, and people that work might not be able to take advantage of that.  Also, the PSN was due for scheduled maintenance tomorrow as I recall (I don't know how long).  In either case, the network/PSN issues clash poorly with how DE has their boosters (or other timed things like alerts, Kubrow maintenance) work.

EDIT: the scheduled maintenance is fairly long too: "Sony announced Thursday that PSN would be offline for routine maintenance from noon to about 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday."  

A combination of the DDoS and the schedule maintenance means PS4 players in particular could be screwed out of login bonuses, alerts, event completion, boosters, and have kubrows die.  So, it may not be Sony or DE's fault per se, but the way DE manages the games functions suggests they should probably make efforts to help out PS4 players in this respect.

Edited by (PS4)Zeylon

Oh I totally agree. I think something should be done to reimburse any losses. The maintenance for tomorrow was scheduled to be for 7 hours. Usually it takes about 4 but I'm sure they leave some room to work. I would like to see the Warframe boosters go to something more like what Battlefield 4 does. Instead of a 3 day booster make it a 24 hour booster. However when you stop playing the timer stops.

I have an affinity booster active. Also my kubrow will have matured today. =[

I also spent a long time yesterday farming argon crystals so that I could build Mirage and a new incubator core today, and they will be gone by the time I can play again. =[

I think you only lose one every 24 hours so if You've got more than that you should be all right :)

I have an affinity booster active. Also my kubrow will have matured today. =[

I also spent a long time yesterday farming argon crystals so that I could build Mirage and a new incubator core today, and they will be gone by the time I can play again. =[

All of these plus losing log in rewards is going to be a pain maybe DE can hook us up somehow at least not lose log in rewards and items that expire