Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Pros, Some Cons, Some Suggestions. Pirate Warframe.

Zarrazheno

Hello, been playing Warframe since closed beta, and have a coooooouple of  hours logged into the game and want to provide some feed back/suggestions. I'll go over a few pros and then go over a few cons, and then provide some suggestions. 

Somethings that are done well:

1. It's an addicting game! The formula works well, makes players come back to it. Very nicely done.

2. Level design is good! There's work put into every room/chamber and that is nice. You won't run into a room with less detail than the one before. 

3. Art style just deserves praise! It's really cool. The theme is brilliant. It's a strong selling point. (lots of people like ninjas. I prefer pirates, but ninjas are still neat. Psst. where's my pirate ninja 'frame? Scimitar/cutlas. Make it happen DE!) 

4. Each planet has its own flavor (for the most part) and that's a good thing. 

Somethings that are not done well/need to be revamped/taken out completely

1. Number one to be tweaked/touched up on, and or taken out completely and I've seen lots of posts on: Screenshake. It's gotten worse lately. With the introduction of heavy weapons and certain bosses. That have hammers. *clears throat, Krill, cough cough* Swinging a heavy weapon is distorting. Why do I need to have a screen shake? I can't really see if the hit was clean or glancing.  Aiming is a nightmare if an ally is spamming drop attacks with heavy weapons. Bosses are bad. There's a video (I can't find it now) that slows the screen shake from being hit by Krill's hammer very clearly, and the camera goes upside down. This is too much. Players would like a way to turn this feature off or have a slider for it. Also  there is screen shake for certain abilities that doesn't make it clear if you hit something or not: read: Volt's 'shock'. 

2. Gun sounds. This is an important asset in ANY shooter. Weak sounding guns make gun-play  feel equally weak. Some weapons sound decent and some sound great. Some need to be touched up on. My prime example would be the snipertron. The thing is massive! I should expect a big 'boom' when I fire it. Instead I get a tiny sound, as if I'm firing a spitball out of a straw. This feels discouraging and leaves the snipertron wanting. 

Why does the Lex sound more powerful than a rifle? 

3. Crafting. Some players are saying that it's ridiculously long. (Three days for a 'frame?) Perhaps offer some sort of explanation as to why they need to be crafted so long? Or perhaps show  the crafting! Show us a workshop for the foundry? Show several frames working (perhaps the ones that the player owns) crafting the weapons? Neat little animations. They could be changed up as to how long the remaining crafting time is. Example: You start building a long-sword and you can see your currently equipped frame building a a handle for said longsword. A few hours down the line you can see your frame sharpening said sword with a whet-stone perhaps, and then towards completion be polishing it or something along those lines. 

It doesn't have to be limited to just that. You can have your other owned warframes be doing other things in the 'workshop' foundry. Say you own a Rhino and a Trinity. Have the Rhino be hammering something on an anvil. Fixing his fragor, maybe? Trinity can be magazine loading bullets in the corner perhaps? 

And last section... suggestions!

1. Expand some of the lore! Pangolin sword currently reads: A longsword used by an old Tenno clan. Which clan? How many clans are there? What differentiates each clan? Does each clan fight differently? Does Frost have some sort of beef with Loki? Why or why not? Are named warframes different from not named ones?

2.  Rifles feel to be very cliche at the moment. Shooty. Less shooty. Long range. Burst.  Feels as if there's not enough of them or they're not aesthetically different from one another as well. 

3. Organize the weapons on the market! Give me drop sections! A melee section would be nice, rifle, shotgun, pistols, so on. I realize there are probably not enough weapons in each category, but at least split it from melee and ranged. 

4.  Many players have suggested animated... things. To Show off their personalized 'frame. Some have suggested dancing, others posing, others voice lines. Hey look, my Ash brushes his left shoulder when he's posing, he's too cool for the Ash doing a head-stand. Let's not even talk about the Frost doing the kazachok ((cossack dance) Actually let's talk about this, this is really cool))

5. For my last suggestion, I want to really  bring up this important issue.... PIRATE-NINJAFRAME. (Make it happen!) 

That's all I have in my head for now, I'll  come back and add more as I can think up more points. Leave feedback on my feedback, fellow forum users. Plox? Thanks. 

Ad crafting) 3 days crafting time for a warframe has only one reason, to force us pay for rushing it

Or teach patience. Anyone who complains about that doesn't relize that the devs NEED money to make the game BETTER so THROW YOUR GODDAMN MONEY AT THEM! (no sarcasm)

Or teach patience. Anyone who complains about that doesn't relize that the devs NEED money to make the game BETTER so THROW YOUR GODDAMN MONEY AT THEM! (no sarcasm)

I've already thrown some money at them, but just trying to point out, that waiting so long for a warframe is on the level of Zynga games.

I've already thrown some money at them, but just trying to point out, that waiting so long for a warframe is on the level of Zynga games.

I know, but.. if your going to go with the optional reset now is a good time to tryout different frames and just rush the 3day part.

* the throw your money at them wasn't for you (saw your master) it was for other people that read the thread.

Edited by Thingofmyth

agree that at least a toggle for screen shake as a stopgap and general quality of life improvement is needed. Would love to have a distinctive booming noise to recognize for the sniper rifle, had ballista sniping me and didn't notice because it was so quiet. (it kept hitting a box behind me it turned out) I recognize the Scarus pistol instantly by sound now that I have it, lets me know when a shield barer is nearby. the sound for the Strun is authoritative as well, very 'And now you have no face'. The Gorgon's spinning and bullets, the Braton's distinctive buzz, some of these are instantly recognizable  (saved my bacon while the Lancers had Braton MK4's or something until the bug was fixed)

As for the Foundry, I personally picture a pool of liquid nanites painstakingly producing weapons to the Tenno's near impossible standards and frames being even more elaborate. So you have this sword slowly being built up out of a pool of silvery liquid metal.

Market being broken up into sub tabs by type would be nice, along with a tab for BP's. Another nice UI to consider might be having all the mods of the same type and level stack when your in the mod equip screen. so it would read (say) Marathon, unranked, 5. (because I happen to have 5 of them) Marathon Rank 1, 1.

5. For my last suggestion, I want to really  bring up this important issue.... PIRATE-NINJAFRAME. (Make it happen!) 

That's all I have in my head for now, I'll  come back and add more as I can think up more points. Leave feedback on my feedback, fellow forum users. Plox? Thanks. 

You are *already* a pirate-ninja - a *space* pirate-ninja which is like, a whole 'nother level of badarse.  AND we have zombies.  Just need cowboy zombies and the game will be complete.

agree that at least a toggle for screen shake as a stopgap and general quality of life improvement is needed. Would love to have a distinctive booming noise to recognize for the sniper rifle, had ballista sniping me and didn't notice because it was so quiet. (it kept hitting a box behind me it turned out) I recognize the Scarus pistol instantly by sound now that I have it, lets me know when a shield barer is nearby. the sound for the Strun is authoritative as well, very 'And now you have no face'. The Gorgon's spinning and bullets, the Braton's distinctive buzz, some of these are instantly recognizable  (saved my bacon while the Lancers had Braton MK4's or something until the bug was fixed)

As for the Foundry, I personally picture a pool of liquid nanites painstakingly producing weapons to the Tenno's near impossible standards and frames being even more elaborate. So you have this sword slowly being built up out of a pool of silvery liquid metal.

Market being broken up into sub tabs by type would be nice, along with a tab for BP's. Another nice UI to consider might be having all the mods of the same type and level stack when your in the mod equip screen. so it would read (say) Marathon, unranked, 5. (because I happen to have 5 of them) Marathon Rank 1, 1.

That would be nice, yes.