Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem Installing Warframe.msi

Arkl1te

Hi, first time installing this game.

I've registered and downloaded the "warframe.msi". When I open it, the installer says "Please wait while Windows configures Warframe", and suddenly another window shows me how denies the install by saying "The system cannot open the device or file specified". Options are retry and cancel.

I've obviously pressed the retry button and it stays at the same point, and when I cancel it says "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing the package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755" with an OK button.

I use Windows 7.

Any ideas?

Edited by Arkl1te

Arkl1te, I can't say I've experienced that exact issue, but I've got a different (yet equally frustrating) problem that is also preventing me from playing the game.  You could check out support.warframe.com to get more assistance (and please do!  You need to play this game!!).  

Here is a copy+paste from DE_Corey ripped straight from their support page (for what to do if you can't find an answer and need to open a ticket):

When submitting a ticket, there are a couple things that can be included that will help our developers in identifying and fixing an issue. Also this may save some time in waiting for messages back and forth between you and the support staff.

DxDiag.txt file: To find this, you will need to run DxDiag.exe and click on the Save All Information button on the bottom of the window. Then save the file to a directory of your choosing and attach that file to your ticket.

To run DxDiag.exe in Windows Vista/7, simply open the Start Menu and type DxDiag and click on the icon. To run it in WinXP, open the start menu and click on the Run... icon. Then just type in DxDiag to the text box and click OK.

EE.log file: This file can be found in C:\Users\YourWindowsAccountName\AppData\Local\Warframe or simply %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe.

Note: This is in a hidden folder. To enable viewing hidden folders, open an explorer window and press Alt. Then, click Tools -> Folder Options. 
Then click on the View tab and under the advanced settings box, click on Show hidden files, folders and drives.
Once set, click on Apply to folders button and click Ok at the bottom of the window. This should allow you to see your App Data folder in your Windows users folder

Launcher.log file: If experiencing an issue regarding the launcher updating your game client, this file can be found in the same location as the EE.log file.

Screenshots: If you see a crazy visual issue, a screenshot can really help us understand what you're seeing. You can capture a screenshot by pressing F6 in game. The screenshots will then appear in the Captures folder in your Warframe installation directory
Default directory is:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Captures'

Arkl1te, I can't say I've experienced that exact issue, but I've got a different (yet equally frustrating) problem that is also preventing me from playing the game.  You could check out support.warframe.com to get more assistance (and please do!  You need to play this game!!).  

Here is a copy+paste from DE_Corey ripped straight from their support page (for what to do if you can't find an answer and need to open a ticket):

When submitting a ticket, there are a couple things that can be included that will help our developers in identifying and fixing an issue. Also this may save some time in waiting for messages back and forth between you and the support staff.

DxDiag.txt file: To find this, you will need to run DxDiag.exe and click on the Save All Information button on the bottom of the window. Then save the file to a directory of your choosing and attach that file to your ticket.

To run DxDiag.exe in Windows Vista/7, simply open the Start Menu and type DxDiag and click on the icon. To run it in WinXP, open the start menu and click on the Run... icon. Then just type in DxDiag to the text box and click OK.

EE.log file: This file can be found in C:\Users\YourWindowsAccountName\AppData\Local\Warframe or simply %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe.

Note: This is in a hidden folder. To enable viewing hidden folders, open an explorer window and press Alt. Then, click Tools -> Folder Options. 

Then click on the View tab and under the advanced settings box, click on Show hidden files, folders and drives.

Once set, click on Apply to folders button and click Ok at the bottom of the window. This should allow you to see your App Data folder in your Windows users folder

Launcher.log file: If experiencing an issue regarding the launcher updating your game client, this file can be found in the same location as the EE.log file.

Screenshots: If you see a crazy visual issue, a screenshot can really help us understand what you're seeing. You can capture a screenshot by pressing F6 in game. The screenshots will then appear in the Captures folder in your Warframe installation directory

Default directory is:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Captures'

Diesel you didn't get the thing: I couldn't even install the launcher for the first time in this computer.

Anyway I solved it by moving the "warframe.msi" to my desktop (I was executing it from the downloads folder) and it worked!

But anyway, thank you for your concern. :)

• 10 years later...
En 16/4/2013 a las 9:30, Arkl1te dijo:

Diesel no entendiste la cosa: ni siquiera pude instalar el lanzador por primera vez en esta computadora.

De todos modos, lo resolví moviendo el "warframe.msi" a mi escritorio (lo estaba ejecutando desde la carpeta de descargas) ¡y funcionó!

Pero de todos modos, gracias por tu preocupación. :)

Today 05/30/2023 I followed your advice and surprisingly it worked lol