Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Testing Guns, Abilities And Mods How To Add It Into The Game.

EclipsedHusky

Pretty simple idea I came up with the other day.

Add a new mission in Mercury, this mission would be a simple 3-5 room area, each room would have all variations of a separate type of enemy (Grineer, robots, infected if I left any out not that far in yet...) in each room have two of each kind, one standing still one doing a general movement back and forth from one side of the room to the other. (maybe even have a third copy attached to a wall so you can test shooting them around corners too)

All you need to do to finish the mission is walk to the exit area.

This sort of thing would be great for letting us test range of guns, accuracy, effectiveness of elements and such.

Add an area with enemies on all sides from a spot on the floor for you to stand that is dead center in the room, have the enemies set up so they walk back and forth and you can test your radial style attack ranges?

Anyone with me? Obviously the WarFrame people could tweak things to be better than what I thought up, but I'm not in hold of info like how many enemies can be in a single area or something...

Why exactly on Mercury? I mean, taking action on battlefield just to test a gun...

Idea itself might not be as bad, myself i think "Why not just go ahead and put yourself in fight?", but how you putting it up, is quite ridiculous way.

There is a exist such a thing as "Oroking Tower". I believe it's a "place" where Tenno placed for all kind of physical and mental training, so why not say "Hey, let's make a shooting range simulation".

But myself i think it's unnecessary. Game doesn't have hellish difficulty to test your weapon on low as on high level - there is enough low level stages for all factions if you need to check your distance and elemental damage. And as for test on higher level enemies - it would simply kill the game if all will go in fight all prepared. Give baddies a chance!

Edited by Norouh

I'd be fine with a simple 'Firing Range' button on items in the store. This would let you try out a weapon or warframe* (while keeping your other equipment the same) before committing to the grind of getting it. This could drop you in an area like the Rank up testing hall, and spawn a wave of grineer, then a wave of corpus, then a wave of infested.

*Obviously, 'Frames should have all 4 powers unlocked in the range.