The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Comments On Parkour

sewens

Wallrunning and jumping is amazingly fun and is well done.

On the two new defense missions I love the little opportunities to escape using parkour however it's difficult to attack from walls. If there was a way to "grab" a wall without sliding down that would give a whole new way to play as a sniper. Climbing ceilings would also be cool as a warframe mod just as another way to move. 

Not a very good idea, because infestation will just run around you hanging on the wall or ceiling

UPD: Also, how are you going to use two-handed weapons? Or you want to have something sticky on the back?

Edited by Mushi-Shi

Not a very good idea, because infestation will just run around you hanging on the wall or ceiling

UPD: Also, how are you going to use two-handed weapons? Or you want to have something sticky on the back?

While ceiling-walking? Maybe only certain frames can ceiling-walk while using weapons. You have a point about infestations but you can already avoid the infested just as easily.

EDIT: TY for the tip mGladney! Plus I learned that I only need to hold space to wallrun once im on the wall. Any other tricks?

Edited by sewens

While ceiling-walking? Maybe only certain frames can ceiling-walk while using weapons. You have a point about infestations but you can already avoid the infested just as easily.

EDIT: TY for the tip mGladney! Plus I learned that I only need to hold space to wallrun once im on the wall. Any other tricks?

You may already know this, but you can run along a wall, horizontally, and leap to another wall (like in a hallway) and continue wall running (holding space as you approach the other way).

Is it possible to go from vertical running to horizontal or vice-versa?

Yep! It's difficult, but I've wall run horizontally, then leaped over to a pillar and started running up it vertically, then back flipped onto a ledge. I felt pretty cool. The trick is to master the camera view while performing the wall run to pull of those types of maneuvers.

On the two new defense missions I love the little opportunities to escape using parkour however it's difficult to attack from walls. If there was a way to "grab" a wall without sliding down that would give a whole new way to play as a sniper. Climbing ceilings would also be cool as a warframe mod just as another way to move. 

I know one spot for sniper, i saw video in youtube i think, one map of defend mode have one "tower" with broken elevator, you can go to top of tower, very nice spot.

Here one nice video 

i would like to see more parkour being implemented into melee and ranged attacks. like for example running strait at a wall to do a back flip and geting a slow motion lock on with your gun on a target thats close by or with a melee weapon to do a ground pound on a target.  sliding should let you slide tackle targets. rolling should let you also tackle targets in a frontal way. it be good for those shield weilding grineer. i also feel there needs to be more parkour out of the enemys as well.  

i would like to see more parkour being implemented into melee and ranged attacks. like for example running strait at a wall to do a back flip and geting a slow motion lock on with your gun on a target thats close by or with a melee weapon to do a ground pound on a target.  sliding should let you slide tackle targets. rolling should let you also tackle targets in a frontal way. it be good for those shield weilding grineer. i also feel there needs to be more parkour out of the enemys as well.  

How about parkour ON enemies? Running over mobs of grineer, Using a moa as a springboard.

Edited by sewens