Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Highlighting Mods On The Map Should Be A Base Feature Of The Game Not A Mod

Tsunero

I mean, it's SUPER HANDY but most of my builds won't allow the use of Thief's Wit. I am sure I am not the only one thus it becomes a forgotten mod. We already have frame and doge highlight anyway. Having this by default would make our lives so much easier. I usually scavenge the map but sometimes I just miss a mod and can't help it. Imagine all the fusion cores we missed this way and cry....

^ Loot Detector. It's like Thief's Wit, but an Aura, so you can find loot, but it doesn't take up a slot in your build.

If that doesn't change your mind, ask your teammates to mark every Fusion Core they see, because innate loot detection doesn't seem appropriate.

If it was switichable in the options menu I don't think it would hurt anyone. I can see people being annoyed by it if it were to be perma on.

Edit: I usually play Valkyr and the Steel Charge aura is a key aura for me.

Edited by Momo93

I mean, it's SUPER HANDY but most of my builds won't allow the use of Thief's Wit. I am sure I am not the only one thus it becomes a forgotten mod. We already have frame and doge highlight anyway. Having this by default would make our lives so much easier. I usually scavenge the map but sometimes I just miss a mod and can't help it. Imagine all the fusion cores we missed this way and cry....

It's fine the way it is :D 

If it was switichable in the options menu I don't think it would hurt anyone. I can see people being annoyed by it if it were to be perma on.

Edit: I usually play Valkyr and the Steel Charge aura is a key aura for me.

You can still get the benefit of Loot Detector if a teammate has it equipped.

And, like I said, work with your team to mark all Fusion Cores. It's not that having this as a base feature would be annoying, but it's too useful. However, if we had a base 2-4 meter loot detection radius, I wouldn't mind.

You can still get the benefit of Loot Detector if a teammate has it equipped.

And, like I said, work with your team to mark all Fusion Cores. It's not that having this as a base feature would be annoying, but it's too useful. However, if we had a base 2-4 meter loot detection radius, I wouldn't mind.

You don't get it, someone still gets gimped in the end. Nobody marks normal mods only rares. It surprises me how many people are againts this idea. We already have base 3m loot pickup radius, strange, nobody hates that and it could fit in the category "too useful" or seeing your teammates and stupid dog through walls.

I think OP's main point is that picking stuff up should never be or was never meant to be a challenge.  So why bother hiding things when DE has gone through plenty of trouble to make things obvious?  For example, a rare mod has that enormous gold particle effect, so you know to go pick it up.  The game clearly wants you to get that mod.  Why doesn't this extend to all mods?  Health, Ammo, and the like are a bit different, because you may need to put yourself in harm's way for the sake of the advantage, but mods are just rewards for playing the game.  So why not make it more obvious, in any way possible, where the mods are?  Making things less of a chore in any video game is hardly ever a bad idea...

You don't get it, someone still gets gimped in the end. Nobody marks normal mods only rares. 

Use teamwork? Ask?

"Hey, guys, could you mark all the fusion cores you see? Thanks!"

And you haven't specified how big the innate loot detection range would be, either. Anything bigger than a couple of meters will get a "no" from me. Treasure room locations would never be hidden again if you can see every one of them on your mini-map.

I think OP's main point is that picking stuff up should never be or was never meant to be a challenge.

No offense, but I kinda found that funny. 

Edited by OptimumBow0

I do not see the point for them to change this, there might be some people that like playing it the way it is, And they wont change it if just half of the community want it, and the other whant it as it is. Does this make more sence?

I believe PVP was only asked by a minority yet they still implemented it.