Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] What Enemy Drops What

Kaiku

From my experience, almost each enemy, no matter the type (sawman, shield lancer, commander etc.) they all seem to have the same drop rates for ammo, energy, mods and credits.

Although enemies, like ospreys or grineer rollers don't seem to drop anything.

But what I was thinking, is that the higher risk an enemy is, the higher drop rates it should have for those listed items.

For instance, a sawman shouldn't drop any ammo, you can take them out in melee combat.

Lancers instead could drop pistol ammo and heavy units have high drop rates for primary weapon ammo and energy orbs.

This way there would be more contrast between the rewards you get from different enemies.

But as there are other factions; Corpus and Infested, and their units are formed from a bit different kind of unit types.

So I was thinking that all Corpus units, (except for Prod Crewman which is a melee unit), should have a slightly higher drop rate for pistol ammo and a bit lower drop rate for primary weapon ammo. Shockwave moas are their heaviest units, so they could have higher drop rate for primary weapon ammo.

Ospreys, that are flying units and are pretty much impossible to melee, should have a high drop rates for pistol ammo.

Infested then again, that lack of any kind of firearms, should all have a really low drop rate for any kind of ammo. Primary weapon ammo having a really low drop rate.

But since also Infested have their heavy units too, the Ancients and these guys are really nasty, I think these guys should have high drop rates for primary ammo and energy orbs.

Especially Ancient disruptors should have a really high chance of dropping energy orbs.

So, tough and strong enemies should have high drop rates for ammo and energy, while weak enemies don't drop almost anything.

The same thing applies for mods and credits. Edited since this would make people to kill heavy units only.

Even better, if the drop rate for mods and credits is increased along with the enemy level.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edit2: In the current system, it's more profitable to use your guns on weak enemies, since they can take less hits than they give ammo, when again heavy enemies have worse ratio.

I'm only suggesting that those enemies that require more to take them down, would also give you more.

But only ammo and energy.

Not mods or credits.

Edited by Kaiku

So, are you saying that we should be getting a lot less ammo period? If so, why would you say that?

I think it's a good point to raise though; having certain enemies drop specific stuff. But then, rushers might scour the map for those special enemies and only take them out, leaving the rest. And that's a problem.

So, are you saying that we should be getting a lot less ammo period? If so, why would you say that?

I think it's a good point to raise though; having certain enemies drop specific stuff. But then, rushers might scour the map for those special enemies and only take them out, leaving the rest. And that's a problem.

Actually first I thought to go with the idea that mod and credit rates are the same for every kind of enemy, and what you said, it seems be a better idea after all.

The only flaw that I see with this is that, I like to do defense missions. There are many defense missions that have infestation as a faction and if wave after wave of infestation keep coming but don't drop ammo then it will eventually be a futile effort.

The only flaw that I see with this is that, I like to do defense missions. There are many defense missions that have infestation as a faction and if wave after wave of infestation keep coming but don't drop ammo then it will eventually be a futile effort.

You do start with a fair amount of ammo, and maybe instead some enemies not dropping ammo at all, but with a decreased rate.

And you do have your melee weapon, that shouldn't run out of ammo.

The reason I came up with this idea in the first place was because this would make it harder to you to just plow your way through everything by using only your primary.

I am aware that this sure isn't the case with snipers and paris, but with shotguns it's really easy.

Basically I want there to be more reason to use your other weapons other than just the primary weapon.

I think the general idea is fine, not however in relation to ammo drops. The current ammo drop system is pretty bleh actually where different ammo has different drop rates and a good amount of the time you don't get the ammo you need, at least in a sufficient quantity. Weapons reliant on sniper ammo suffer especially bad from this, ammo drum is close to a requirement. We could talk about reducing the number of "primary" weapon ammo drops, if there indeed would only be the extinction between secondary/pistol and primary, making pretty much every ammo drop useful.

Saying it again, the general idea of different enemies giving different rewards (implying the more difficult enemies give better rewards) doesn't sound like a bad idea. Making ammo more scarce and primary ammo in particular does in my ears.

I think the general idea is fine, not however in relation to ammo drops. The current ammo drop system is pretty bleh actually where different ammo has different drop rates and a good amount of the time you don't get the ammo you need, at least in a sufficient quantity. Weapons reliant on sniper ammo suffer especially bad from this, ammo drum is close to a requirement. We could talk about reducing the number of "primary" weapon ammo drops, if there indeed would only be the extinction between secondary/pistol and primary, making pretty much every ammo drop useful.

Saying it again, the general idea of different enemies giving different rewards (implying the more difficult enemies give better rewards) doesn't sound like a bad idea. Making ammo more scarce and primary ammo in particular does in my ears.

All the primary weapon ammo could be as rare as sniper ammo, and difficult enemies having high drop rate for those could be a nice idea in my opinion.

Although I have to admit that I haven't used snipers much, but shotguns even more.

And with shotguns it's unlikely that you will run out of ammo.