Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About A Normal 3Rd Person Cam?

Tiavor

A centered 3rd-person camera would make the game feel more RPG-like.  While I can't say that I'd personally play this game with a centered camera, I can see why some people are irked.  The off-center 3rd-person cam feels better once you play with it more and realize how your character aims down the barrel of a gun.

I didn't like it when I first encountered it either.  Now its simply something that feels more shooter-esque in a 3PS.

The problem with over-the-head camera is that there are too many places in the game where the camera would have to be inside a ceiling or directly behind your head.

For now I'd be happy if your own body become much more transparent in certain circumstances so that you can see what you're doing... Especially those damn Loki helmet horns...

The problem with over-the-head camera is that there are too many places in the game where the camera would have to be inside a ceiling or directly behind your head.

For now I'd be happy if your own body become much more transparent in certain circumstances so that you can see what you're doing... Especially those damn Loki helmet horns...

When I'm backed up against a wall, the camera is already directly behind my head blocking my view of everything.  The camera goes where it is programmed to go.  They could make it step off to the side when backed into a corner regardless of personal preference.  They could definitely, and probably much more likely, make your character turn semi-transparent when it takes up more than ~50% of the screen.  Either way, it would have very little effect on giving you the ability to 'center' your camera as an option.

(Not directed at quoted poster)

And the "this is the game, go play another if you don't like it" attitude is definitely not the way to go.  They've already overhauled the progression system and how mods work based on player feedback.  They'll be doing more, changing more, adding more.  If DE's attitude was "this is the game, go play another if you don't like it", you wouldn't get any extra content.  No more warframes.  No new weapons.  No bigger levels.  No clan "Dojo" system (that they're currently building).  Nothing.  Don't like it?  Go somewhere else.  That attitude is for the insensitive and hypocritical.

Edited by Thaumatos

The problem is they use first-person/third-person shooter controls.  That's what the entire game is based on.  It will become a near completely different game if that is changed.  (Notice I didn't say better or worse)

They should definitely revamp the camera to deal with the fake that some helmet get in the way when trying to actually use the gun.  I think that either falls in UI or Art design though...

to be exact, i have some kind of 3d/motion-sickness. most games are ok, but when i play overshoulder it isn't that well. or when i have a low FoV or poor graphics with no smothed cam it is really bad (but this shouldn't be a problem here ^^)
games it appeared: VoyEF, Minecraft with default tp (after 1h playing), Mirrors Edge (could not play more than 1h total, stopped playing at all)

the only game i've played so far with overshoulder cam was just cause2, but i uninstalled it after 30 min total playtime and wasting 2h searching google for a nonexisting normal 3rd person cam mod.

ergo i would play warframe only if there is an option for a normal 3rd person cam

Edited by Tiavor