Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Must Be "ready" In Order To Begin Match.

Arkl1te

Each match I finish I want to install my mods before beginning another one, but I don't want to leave the match session to do that. I have to do it quick until everyone in my session votes the map or until the countdown reaches zero, which is totally uncomfortable.

BUT if it were a match session interface where all players must figure "ready" in order to begin the mission, would be great for those who wants to take a break and manage the mods, fuse the mods, invite people, etc.

Edited by Arkl1te

Play with friends and use skype/mumble/vent to avoid this or ask in squad chat (when it is working) before the mission ends, the other side to this is people in the group actually want to do missions and you're holding them up... adding this "feature" would also require them to implement a kick feature to stop people greifing.

Imo if you need more than 60 seconds to fuse mods you're doing it wrong, the only exception to this statement is after doing an Infested Defense because you'll have a mountain of them to wade through afterwards :P

Yeah the grief that this would lead to would start forum wars. Good advice from Temporary, play with friends or clan, which seems like a good place to be anyway, other than that just let people in your group know you need a bit of time between matches.

The contacts list is bugged, when I try to invite someone to my game nothing happens, either when I try to join in their current games (says something like "error joining").

And there will be always moments where I don't have to wait for my friends to play the game, I wanna lvl up quick or just play. That's why I want to implement this idea. It would be like the same method Alien Swarm uses.

Edited by Arkl1te

This generally leads to people trolling by flicking between ready and not ready. If you need to do a lot of fusing or want to change your colours, either:

a) ask your friends to wait

b) if you're not playing with friends, just leave or try to be quick

As you say, sometimes you just wannna jump in and level or farm without waiting for friends. If I have to wait for someone to mess with their mods then it's basically the same as waiting for friends. >.>

That said, I think they should mimic the functionality of extraction, and make the countdown start only after at least half of the people are ready, to avoid getting in game and your team is AFK or something.