Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Mod Trading

Kirak

Have you ever been on a mission with friends and one of you gets a mod one of the other members could use (Say, a Warframe ability they could use for fusion) and you wanna help them out?

Well, I propose a system where you can trade mods.

Maybe you could rightclick someone in the chat window or on their name in the contact list and select the option to request a trade, or use steam's built in inventory system. (Although that's probably a long-shot.)

Plus, it would add a sort of economy to the game, and provide a way of interacting with other players in warframe.

Although,a couple issues came to mind when I thought of this.. first of all, you can buy mod packs from the store, so some mods may have to be flagged as "Non-tradable".

Also, smurfs. People who make multiple accounts in order to farm lots of mods and then trade them over to a main account. Couldn't really think of a way around this one other than maybe having to buy platinum before you can trade, or something similar.

Lemme know what you all think. :)

Maybe add restrictions that require both parties in a trade to give equal value in the trade, for example, a player can only give someone a Rare mod if the other person offers another Rare mod of their own. Whether or not mods of different rarities can be traded is variable, although I'd prefer not. In the end, we would have a system that lets players exchange a good mod that they personally find useless for a more desired one, while also greatly inhibiting smurfing/twinking.

Soo Gold sellers right ? How about implementing my idea ?

There will not be any auction house. You cannot trade with random people from chat.

Lets say you are in a mission. You are Frost and your friend is Rhino. Unfortunately you get Rhino mod and he gets Frost mod. In this case you can trade the mods, but the trade is only possible inside a game.

Only the mods that you acquired during that corresponding mission can be traded and only with the members inside that mission/round.

This would take away the possibility of Gold Spammers, Sellers , chat spammers and all kind of crap but at the same time, implementing a trade system that would help a lot of players !

Like it ?

Yea, I think that would work pretty well.

Although being able to trade some unwanted mods for something you want would be kinda cool too.

Kinda sucks that everywhere there's a economy, there's always spammers/exploiters.:/

Despite the unfortunate downsides of an ingame economy, I think it could shave so much of the boredom from Warframe.

People complain the game is repetitive, farming doesn't help that. Remember when you farmed that -one- Frame part you needed (Ash Chassis...I hate you.) until you were up to your eyeballs in Blueprints?

What if, instead of farming (And wearing down your overall excitement and reducing the time the game stays fun to you.) you can buy the frame from another player, sure it'd cost more. And you still need to pay for the foundry. But you've just cut a lot of busywork from a fast paced space-ninja game.

A dedicated Trade chat channel will keep -most- of the chat spam away from Global, but there can always be a Report for Spam option if someone is filling global with "WTS TRINITY HELM 100K MSG ME :D" So if that happens, and a high enough percentage of people Report that player, they are muted -in that channel- for say..an hour or so.

Despite the unfortunate downsides of an ingame economy, I think it could shave so much of the boredom from Warframe.

People complain the game is repetitive, farming doesn't help that. Remember when you farmed that -one- Frame part you needed (Ash Chassis...I hate you.) until you were up to your eyeballs in Blueprints?

What if, instead of farming (And wearing down your overall excitement and reducing the time the game stays fun to you.) you can buy the frame from another player, sure it'd cost more. And you still need to pay for the foundry. But you've just cut a lot of busywork from a fast paced space-ninja game.

A dedicated Trade chat channel will keep -most- of the chat spam away from Global, but there can always be a Report for Spam option if someone is filling global with "WTS TRINITY HELM 100K MSG ME :D" So if that happens, and a high enough percentage of people Report that player, they are muted -in that channel- for say..an hour or so.

Yep, I know that feeling. I once needed the Trinity helm, Rhino Systems, and Ember's Chassis. I'd get tons of Rhino Chassis', Trinity systems, and Ember Helmets.

One way that spam could be cut down that I thought of would be to only use Item-Item trades, kinda like how another MMO I play works. That way, you could maybe even trade surplus resources (Like Alloy Plates, Neurodes, ect) for that one blueprint or mod you've been really needing, and Credit sellers wouldn't mess it up for everyone. (The fact you can buy credits with plat doesn't help that)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clarify, I did some research, and it turns out that trading will be included in some form. Don't know if it includes mods or resources at this point, but here's the official quote:

Why isn’t there trading in the game?! (I wanna trade my stuff!)
We are planning on adding trading to the game. Our idea is to make it Clan-Based, so that members can share and have access to a "vault" of things. Once we perfect the details, we will let everyone know! Expect trading to be somewhat limited - we are wary of exploits and scams. 

Awesome!