Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sidearm To Complement The Paris?

Thereddic

Question

Just maxed Strun and Furis. Paris is going to be ready in the morning. The original plan was to go Paris/Bolto until the Bolto was maxed, then upgrade it to Akbolto, but I don't think I'm doing that anymore. The bolto just feels...sluggish and awkward to use. I figure I need something to cover close/mid range fighting, any ideas?

22 answers to this question

Afuris. Murders close range. Does everthing paris cant.

This!!! I have a heavily modded Afuris and it is unstoppable at close range and if you burst fire it you can get good medium range kills too. Just gotta bring a bucket of pistol ammo with you because it chews through it like mad! Still, the sound it makes when going full rock'n'roll with it is pretty insane. "BRAAAAAAAP" lol.

My main weapon lately are twin vipers. I always thought a Paris would be a nice secondary for it, for the few rainy days when long range combat seems to have a point. :-]

Edited by Evan_

Afuris. Murders close range. Does everthing paris cant.

NULL credits income in that case lol. High lvls make it even worse.

Paris already crappy DPS and ammo ineffective weapon that works only if you are extreamly patient, cause when fights become clusterfuk - you will be murdered,

Afuris so-so unrealible dps with godawfull spread, eats ammo like no tomorrow.

Conclusion: Paris+Afuris

Assasination missions - in boss fights  = Deadweight, who will end with meleeing boss.

Defence missions - rapid HP growth of enemies, rapid fall of effectivness of both weapons = Deadweight

Other missions... well you can go with everything in those lol.

Also I dont get why people want complementary weapon for Paris. Paris is meant for slow stealth soloruns with Shade sentinel and Ash\loki warframe XD, where your sidearm is your melee. Its silent weapon that has a huge drawback of being uselss in open fight.

Edited by derclaw

Akbolto or Aklato.  Lato has a decent firing rate by itself. You can try the bronco too but i think it's way too inaccurate unless it's at close range and your melee pretty much would fulfill the same role.  Afuris or vipers might be good but ammo constraints may make the kit ammo hungry overall.

I ran Lex with my Volt when I would use the paris, That is until I discovered the absolute TERROR the Twin Vipers can produce while leveling them with my Ember and Boltor. I now run them on any Frame that I get mid to close range with. Level 30 and fully modded(potatoed)handfuls of roflrape.  

With my Paris, I started with vipers and found I was just eating through way too much ammo.. so then I gave akbolto a try and love the combo. Rollers and corpus flying bots are a bit hard to hit and a longer range with them but with enough mods it can mow down arush of infested easily or fend off waves of grineer and corpus.

The bolto just feels...sluggish and awkward to use.

After trying the Furis, AkLato, Lato, Bolto and AkBolto I'd recommend the AkBolto followed by the AkLato as good choices.

I changed from a Bolto to the AkLato due to having the same sluggish feel, however the AkBolto doesn't have that sluggish feel.

I would go Twin Vipers, fast fire rate and kills enemies quickly.

You said you didn't like Bolto, so that's out, but Akbolto would have twice the fire rate, something to consider.

The Lex is basically a sniper pistol, so no point in getting that.

The Furis, Aklato, and Lato just aren't that great, a little akward to use, in my opinion.

Paris already crappy DPS and ammo ineffective weapon that works only if you are extreamly patient, cause when fights become clusterfuk - you will be murdered,

Assasination missions - in boss fights  = Deadweight, who will end with meleeing boss.

Defence missions - rapid HP growth of enemies, rapid fall of effectivness of both weapons = Deadweight

Also I dont get why people want complementary weapon for Paris. Paris is meant for slow stealth soloruns with Shade sentinel and Ash\loki warframe XD, where your sidearm is your melee. Its silent weapon that has a hug'e drawback of being uselss in open fight.

I agree with some of what you have said, but not all of it.  First, Ammo doesn't matter, if the OP runs out of ammo on the secondary, he needs a new primary.  The point of the post wasn't to talk about what I thought of the Paris, it was to bring up ideas an opinions of various secondaries that may work well with it.  Also, Melee isn't a secondary.  If one is farming bosses and the Paris is their go to weapon, that is another conversation altogether.  Finally, s third the bosses in the game die to 2 clips or under from my Afuris, not sure what(mods) you have in yours or how your tactics are with using them.  

Honestly I feel your post was just crapping on mine.  All I did was put a short, tiny post as to a direction I thought the OP could take. 

Also I dont get why people want complementary weapon for Paris. Paris is meant for slow stealth soloruns with Shade sentinel and Ash\loki warframe XD, where your sidearm is your melee. Its silent weapon that has a huge drawback of being uselss in open fight.

You know ammo is really redundant in defence missions..

Also in DPS

"Assasination missions - in boss fights  = Deadweight, who will end with meleeing boss.

Defence missions - rapid HP growth of enemies, rapid fall of effectivness of both weapons = Deadweight"

Paris With "Speed Trigger & Fast Hands" you argument is invalid now.

Careful about generalizations.  If you can aim and stay calm while playing the game, the Paris is one of the more ammo efficient weapons.  A stock ammo pool of 72 means 72 kills before you need ANY ammo.  Realistically its more like 60 (heavies and ancients), but still, I wouldnt call that ammo inefficient.

Plus, a rifle ammo drop of 20 means you might be able to kill 2 baddies with that new ammo.  With a Pairs (10 ammo drop), its closer to 8.

If you get mobbed, just run backwards and shoot the line of baddies for piercing damage.