Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swarms Swarms Swarms!

Dark_Zarke

Hello all. Before I start let me say something. I play single player. The reason why is that if you have someone that spent two hundred bucks so they could basicly destroy an entire mob in seconds takes the fun at of this game and turns it into a long version of follow the leader. I'm writing this because I REALLY hope the devs fix it. As well as a few other problems I might adress that have bugged the crap out of me.

SWARMS!!

Now I know you've seen them. Mainly in the infected areas. Endless mobs a sea of baddies as far as the eye can see. .Now if your like the before mentioned people you probally see this as the same as some ants charging at you while carrying toothpicks. But if your like ME(Solo playing weapons that take forever to craft etc.) You can't handle twenty enemies at once. Either because they bounce you around like a pinball long enough to destroy all your sheilds and health and sanity. But it isn't just with the Infected anymore! All the fractions seem to be sending all of their men at you the instent they see you. Last mission...As soon as they see me I promise you THIRTY Grineer popped up out of the close doors. Where there was NOTHING!! Ya know besides another locked door. Anyway point is..It's just crazy. I have weapons all in the 10-15 range pretty nice nothing to brag over but I'll get owned as soon as the game decides to go from an FPS to a bullet hell game. But, I want to know how you all feel about it. What incidents have you had; if any? How can you avoid it without having to deal with the crappy match ups that make the game boring instead of impossible?

"Endless seas of mobs" surely is overstating it. Simply backpedaling and shooting them will usually solve your problem, you could also cc them with a good jump attack + freeze mod, or you can soften them up a lot with the right abilities.

All these options are there for every player right from the start (read: mag/excal abilites) or soon after (scindo). Spending any money on the game doesn't actually have anything to do with that (and it wouldn't really help that much even), the issue is entirely with you.

TL DR:

l2p.

Edited by Korevas

Want to hear crazy fun?

I was leveling my duel heat swords on an infested exterminate. It was 108 enemies in the starting counter. After the initial spawnpoint rush that infested seem to always do, there were 12 left on the counter. I never moved from the spawn point.

Unless you begin being able to purchase fusion cores with platinum, the advantage gap you're speaking of isn't that major. Single player is definitely a more challenging and likely fun way to play a lot of maps since more experienced players tend to clear everything far too quickly to give their teammates a chance.