Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Common Complaints About Warframe Build Time

Meepsauce

So it's my first post, and I thought I'd like to bring up the most complaint I've seen across about 6 seperate accounts of my friends starting Warframe.

Grinding resources, credits, boss runs for blueprints and then having to wait 3 days and 12 hours for a full Warframe.

This is one I see very often, in each circumstance the player has simply halted their play for 3 days (apart from alerts with unique rewards) before playing regularly again.

I understand the new update angles a fix for credit farm which will go hand in hand with some of the higher level blueprints. However I find the 'temptation' of a rush build after spending around 90k credits - not to mention all of the effort included for the resources and 10+ potential boss runs, a bit daunting.

The only ideas currently on my mind to lighten this effect are:

Pre-apply a catalyst to your chosen craft object to halve the build time

Let players get affinity towards their foundry constructions at the end of a mission

The former would allow players sure of their catalyst application to benefit or provide an alternative to rush build - rush building currently seems a bit of a "platinum sink" with no long term payoff; buying a catalyst and applying it for a faster process would have an advantage on the Warframe, so it seems an idea a lot of players would contemplate.

The latter would encourage players to rush their missions less, eliminate every hostile, explore containers for affinity; the same things encouraged for any type of levelling up. They are also encouraged by this system to continue playing the game, as 'leaving it to cook' is slower and less constructive. I'm sure anyone enthusiastic and eager to progress would prefer this option.

I'm sure there are better suggestions for this, but I'm hoping the consensus for this system is similar. Currently it feels like the game pushes you out for a while for your efforts, when I could see the system working with the game in better unison. The foundry right now feels a bit stale and seperate from the game itself because of these waits; you're unable to change anything in there without platinum.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Meepsauce

I suggested linking time left to rush cost a while ago. If it's 50 Plat at 3 days, why is it 50 Plat at 3 hours? i think people would be more likely to rush if they could skip just a few hours for a reasonable price (and get the frame at the start of a play session 2.5 days later, rather than at the end a full 3).

Actually, I kinda think that the final Warframe build should be 12 hours as well - I'm pretty happy with the 12 hour build time, generally start it at night and by the next session my item is build. 3 days is pretty excessive, and the way I look at it is generally the most playtime on Friday, get your BP, then you don't even get to use your new warframe till next week. :( If it was 12 hours at least you could look forward to it the next day.

I think the build time is fine. It gives you time to build up some creds to use for mods on the frame. 

Also, it's not that long. . .I'd rather save the 50 plat and use 20 of that to buy a potato. 

It's also a lot better then another game which some of the ships in it take like.. a month of real time to build. :P