Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For A New Corpus Boss

Soulie

Crane (Large Osprey): This heavy lifter would be the very first flying boss in Warframe.

-  This boss is guarding an artifact or moving something valuable to the Corpus, when you enter it's spawn area

-  Crane will try to drop mines or shipping crates on top of you.

-  Will spawn adds like The Jackal does.

-  Boss location would be an outdoor map or similar room that The Jackal spawns in.

*  Has a chance to drop sentinel accessory blueprints, corpus weapon blueprints or new warframe blueprints.

I also think it would be fun to fight a huge Moa that's at least twice the size of shockwave and rail gun moas.

You guys have anything to add to this?

What would the Crane's abilities do? It can't just drop things on your head. Also, what are its weapons?
Also, will it have some sort of strategy like the Jackal, or pure "Let's fire at it"? What will its weak points be?
Will it have a fast or slow shield, large or small?

A flying boss could be cool, so long as its AI makes it smarter than your average mine osprey. You might have to give it other weapons, or at least have regularly spawning ground forces for support. The Jackal's support units are laughably useless.  Might also be able to give it shield ospreys rather than just a super fast regenerating shield too.

A question on how to deal with the loot tho, as things are now, there is a decent chance that a flying boss could eject the loot outside the level. Give him a scripted death animation to bring him down somewhere consistently flat/free of clutter?

As for a giant moa, sure im all for that on one condition: his moa honk needs to be lower frequency than the tiny moa honks. BASS MOA.

Flying boss could be cool. Maybe it could fly around and drop crates/ storage containers. Maybe an engine in back that is a critical point? If hit enough, explosive barrels could drop and the boss would fly slower, but the area is more dangerous because of the barrels. Support forces would be nice, say crewmen and those hovering mine spawners.

So we'd be fighting

? :P

I think it'd be an interesting variation on normal mechanics, especially if it's a boss that would require parkour to beat (jumping up to get to a weak spot, etc). Course, I doubt a boss that requires parkour to beat will ever be implemented because it would exclude the players that can't parkour that well.

Either way, better than the current bosses.

This would be really cool if it was half moble defense mission where you have to take control of X number of say railgun towers to take out his super-shield while he drops napalem, shoots misslies, and realeses swams of leach bots. Maybe to avoid loot problems he flies down at you and insta-downs/kills who ever gets hit.

It should spawn 20 ospreys of each type every 15 secs and every minute or so it should start charging a nuke that affects the whole room for 1000 damage. Then once you beat it, you get to loot your 1000 credits from the treasure room.

edit: oh wat, someone already thought of this (Vulture)

Edited by Stygi