The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jumpshooting Magnet.

Valentine_Grim

Sorry if mentioned before, but I would really bleed (no, I wouldn't) for a full range of jumpshooting animations. For now, anytime you shoot\aim midair, you are stretched into immovable mech-organic log, with an imminent flip on touchdown. Even moreso, it doesn't matter which side you move\face\try to jump at the moment - you are always turned in the direction of your crosshair and dragged a little bit in that direction, like your weapon was magnetised or something. Of course, the jumpshooting itself is not that important in the clash, as it moves your reticle with you and is generally too brief to make a difference, but hey, this game is as much about style as is about practicality (Space ninjas. Nuff said).

My suggestions are:

1) Adding missing side- and backjumps would be lovely. We have rolls, why not jumps?

2) The touchdown flip on forwardjump is annoying and it interrupts the whole effort of being space-ninja-Max-Payne. Although I see no getting around it, changing it to flip-then-slide, instead of flip-then-get-up would benefit the cause. For side- and backjumping it would mean a short period of sliding on your side or back respectively, before doing a consequent roll. And quick note about the backroll animation - in my books, it is a bit dull. It is as general as it could be - both hands on the ground, both legs at the same length. I suggest adding an animation, where there is only one hand on the ground and one leg goes in fron of the other. It would seem spectacularly acrobatic if you would set it to swap at random.

3) The jumpshooting time itself is so frustratingly brief, it would certainly benefit even from one more second in the air (or a seemless animation slowdown to postpone the event of hugging the ground).

This is all I had, thank you for your attention and all the great job you've done so far!

Edit: Typos! Thousands of them!

Edited by Valentine_Grim