Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods Should Be Kept On Abortion/failure, But Blueprints Should Be Lost On Abortion/failure

RunNGun

As I understand it, the purpose of dropping all loot on abortion and failure is to deter players from killing bosses for blueprints and loot then immediately aborting the mission.

This is best shown by the Tolstoj mission, where many players go in, rush to Captain Vor, kill him, take the Cronus blueprint and then immediately leave, without regard to new players who have a hard time keeping up with veterans and getting to the boss in time for some action.

I understand that this sort of behavior is detrimental to the game.

Mods, however, are dropped by all enemies, and I cannot think of a situation where the acquisition of a mod would entice players to suddenly abort the mission.

I suggest that Blueprints and rare boss-dropped resources should be lost upon abortion or failure, but Mods should be kept.

This would deter players from leaving immediately after killing a boss, but defense missions would not be affected so severely.

If this is impossible to code, then I would suggest giving players the option to complete a defense mission every 3 waves after the 5th or so, instead of every 5.

Any suggestions/opinions?

I'm just gonna repeat myself from another similar topic:

Personally I think the worst part about defense before this update was teammates not cooperating, or simply dumb teammates who would go away from the cryopod and not protect it and instead focus on killing enemies. Now you're at the mercy of whoever is out there doing the same mission you pick, and now if you lose because of bad teammates or bad cooperation, and you did all you could, then what? Are you supposed to take it?

I think it's okay to lose everything on standard missions, and it's okay that we got some high risk/high reward going on. But I think defense is the point where the reward shouldn't apply because you are intentionally staying alive, and you're not trying to farm a single item to increase your credits like previously in tolstoj, you're trying to do whatever you can to get as far as you can. But now it's way too risky to go past wave 15 because you might lose due to teammates, or just silly reasons.

Maybe we should just let it save per every few waves so it's not a total loss, imagine if you got the rare mod you always wanted somehow and then it's ripped from your hands because someone decided killing far away enemies who can't reach the defense point yet is more important than, you know, defending.

Saving every few waves would practically remove the risk anyhow. There'd be no incentive to claim and exit beyond life intervening or wanting the mission to register as completed. You would only 'risk' losing the mods you gained since the last save, but you would never have gained those anyway if you had left.

I think lowering the amount of waves in between extractions would be a better solution, if mods must be lost on mission failure (which, I personally don't like that much). It'd preserve a risk element, and allow more chances for the RNG to give you something good to exit on.

Yeah, I think that keeping mods on aborted standard missions would be nice, because there are times where you can't find that last objective or lone enemy. Or perhaps there could be a percent based chance to keep mods, with rarer ones having a smaller keep percentage.

As soon as I heard about the change of losing everything, my face grew disappoint. The game still can have some breaking-bad bugs, such as doors not opening like normal and so on, or the good ol' 'dive melee into a pit equals infinite loop' glitch. Losing everything to a bug after things have been going well? It's a bit of a hard pill to swallow :/

going to say that I agree with the general sentiment of the OP. Losing everything save XP on an abort or disconnect or mission killing bug hurts rather to many people for solving the Chronus farm and boss kill disconnect problems.

Mods and xp being kept is enough for me to feel fine.

I honestly had not considered the result of this change on Defense missions, and it definitely discourages fighting on.

Dont play past wave you cant beat , there is no point in playing past 10 you dont get better rewards only thing who does reward you is XP but thats it , you get more mods yes but you will get same amount by doing 2x 10 wave missions and doing 1 20 wave one

I think that the defence missions should save your drops for every 5 waves. For example you lost on wave 9 you keep everything you found on wave 5 thru zero. You lose 6-9 and you lost out on the claim and exit reward as usual. That seems like a fair solution while still retaining the risk of try to complete more waves beyond what you think your capable of.