The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue Mission Improvement

Nyss

I like the rescue mission idea a fair deal, but I believe it could be improved in a few ways.

1. Enemy radar should not pick up the hostage while he's in a cell. These cells should be insulated against transmissions of any sort, except for internal security relays.

2. The hostage has a pistol he never uses... either make him use it, or take it away, but give him SOME means of self defense. I think it would be cool if he used hand to hand combat on enemies that got to close, doing low damage, but staggering his target. Put a priority on keeping close to you and away from enemies, though!

3. The map itself: Put more jail cells on the map. Give the players several cell blocks to check, and give each one an objective marker that doesn't go away until the cell block is searched, or the hostage is found. Every time the players get an incorrect door, send in some enemies :V

4. Prison occupants: There should be more than just the Tenno prisoner you're looking to rescue. Put in random NPC enemies. Imagine the look on a player's face when he finds that the cell door he opened is full of 20 Infested Chargers... Then he runs the hell away to let the chargers dig into the prison guards instead of him. Another idea would be neutral NPCs that will attempt to escape after you let them out, distracting, or even attacking the enemies occupying the ship. The help would be neat, but in the end, the only prisoner that matters is your target.