Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: New Reward System For Missions / Feedback

corpseshock

As we know, the actual mission reward system is a thing that splits the opinions of the players. Some people think its giving the game a kick because of the tension it causes to loose everything when you fail a mission, some players think it is too harsh to loose things you already have achieved at a certain point (for example: already collected mods, credits and blueprints).

The current mission reward system works only in one direction. If you abort or loose the mission, you loose everything but the affinity you got for your weapons and warframes. Personally i think that if you spend the time and efford on a mission you really wanted to finish, you should get something more. I may have a solution for that.

1. Make a difference between Loosing and Aborting.

If you loose a mission, you failed completing it, even if you tried. If you abort, you are willingly leaving. Like it is now, there is no difference between each other. But there should be. People who loose, get something for the attempt of completing the mission. People who abort, get nothing.

2. Let players keep the loot they already have collected in a mission.

You simply can not uncollect mods or credits you got from a locker or enemy. If you killed a enemy, you killed him. If you opened a box or locker, you opened it. You still get affinity for using your weapons on enemies or collecting affinity bubbles so why take it away while someone earned it by actively doing something for it. If you take the purpose of playing a missions away, people will avoid doing that mission.

3. Create an fair Penalty/Reward system.

The reward: If you complete a mission, you should get a bonus. This bonus could look like this: You get the regular credits for finishing and a specific multiplier for your affinity based on the amount you got in that mission. You could lower the current affinity gain to make this bonus even more important.

The penalty: If you fail a mission, you dont get the bonus and the credits. But the already collected mission loot will be kept.

3a. Why make the bonus affinity based ?

You basically get affinity for everything you do. Hacking, Killing enemies, completing objectives, opening lockers and boxes, etc. Its a solid indicator of your activity in a mission.

3b. Reward/Penalty for Boss Missions/Blueprints

Its simple. In order to get the blueprint that a boss dropped after killing him, you have to finish the mission. (Get to the extraction point or be in that mission until the extraction timer runs out)

---

Personal thoughts:

Im unhappy with the current mission reward system. I joined a defense raid, we made it to wave 20. Suddenly two people left. Left with another rank 5 player i tried to do my best while hoping other people would join and fill the empty slots. In this situation, i havent felt rewarded for trying. The two people who pussied out got the stuff, we helped them getting, save. But we lost everything because we were "stuck" with fighting another 5 waves of enemies before we could claim.

In another mission everyone lost connection to the host and got thrown back to the mission selection screen. That way i lost a ash helmet blueprint and the loot, i got during the mission, too. Pretty annoying.

Like the mission reward system is now, it feels unfinished and one-dimensional. I think i know what you want to achieve with that but i also think there are more elegant solutions.

So far, thats it from me. Pardon my english, its not my first language. Im happy about every constructive feedback and i hope people like some of my ideas.

Uh, this sounds like the old system. Before if you aborted or lost the mission you lost the 25% affinity bonus and the 1000 credit bonus. Still, given how many more credits completion gives now, it might be enough...

Edited by TheTenthDoc

Uh, this sounds like the old system. Before if you aborted or lost the mission you lost the 25% affinity bonus and the 1000 credit bonus. Still, given how many more credits completion gives now, it might be enough...

Thats why i thought of it. Considering the amount of credits, it would really be a pain in the &#! to loose it all. 25% loss for affinity is too less, though. I suggested lowering affinity gain so maybe 50% could be added for completing. Its a greater difference.

Edited by corpseshock

Now the defense missions are a great example of risk/reward however a simple checkpoint system would help with it. Maybe they could give it a gamble system for it. Some way of increasing the mod drop rate at later waves by risking a mod or two. So every 5th wave you could gamble either something picked up or the item to get to help the drop rate or even just help make the next item more rare. This system would left people pick if they want more risk or just safe loot.

The risk/reward system is a big part of gaming. The hardest part is finding a balance to the system. That is what they are doing now. They did have no risk on these mission now they have just swung the other way for a time with huge risks. It will take them a bit to balance the system.

As we know, the actual mission reward system is a thing that splits the opinions of the players. Some people think its giving the game a kick because of the tension it causes to loose everything when you fail a mission, some players think it is too harsh to loose things you already have achieved at a certain point (for example: already collected mods, credits and blueprints).

The current mission reward system works only in one direction. If you abort or loose the mission, you loose everything but the affinity you got for your weapons and warframes. Personally i think that if you spend the time and efford on a mission you really wanted to finish, you should get something more. I may have a solution for that.

1. Make a difference between Loosing and Aborting.

If you loose a mission, you failed completing it, even if you tried. If you abort, you are willingly leaving. Like it is now, there is no difference between each other. But there should be. People who loose, get something for the attempt of completing the mission. People who abort, get nothing.

2. Let players keep the loot they already have collected in a mission.

You simply can not uncollect mods or credits you got from a locker or enemy. If you killed a enemy, you killed him. If you opened a box or locker, you opened it. You still get affinity for using your weapons on enemies or collecting affinity bubbles so why take it away while someone earned it by actively doing something for it. If you take the purpose of playing a missions away, people will avoid doing that mission.

3. Create an fair Penalty/Reward system.

The reward: If you complete a mission, you should get a bonus. This bonus could look like this: You get the regular credits for finishing and a specific multiplier for your affinity based on the amount you got in that mission. You could lower the current affinity gain to make this bonus even more important.

The penalty: If you fail a mission, you dont get the bonus and the credits. But the already collected mission loot will be kept.

3a. Why make the bonus affinity based ?

You basically get affinity for everything you do. Hacking, Killing enemies, completing objectives, opening lockers and boxes, etc. Its a solid indicator of your activity in a mission.

3b. Reward/Penalty for Boss Missions/Blueprints

Its simple. In order to get the blueprint that a boss dropped after killing him, you have to finish the mission. (Get to the extraction point or be in that mission until the extraction timer runs out)

---

Personal thoughts:

Im unhappy with the current mission reward system. I joined a defense raid, we made it to wave 20. Suddenly two people left. Left with another rank 5 player i tried to do my best while hoping other people would join and fill the empty slots. In this situation, i havent felt rewarded for trying. The two people who pussied out got the stuff, we helped them getting, save. But we lost everything because we were "stuck" with fighting another 5 waves of enemies before we could claim.

In another mission everyone lost connection to the host and got thrown back to the mission selection screen. That way i lost a ash helmet blueprint and the loot, i got during the mission, too. Pretty annoying.

Like the mission reward system is now, it feels unfinished and one-dimensional. I think i know what you want to achieve with that but i also think there are more elegant solutions.

So far, thats it from me. Pardon my english, its not my first language. Im happy about every constructive feedback and i hope people like some of my ideas.

I totally agree with Corpseshock on this!

I am also shocked by the fact that some Dev had a brain fart and thought this was a good idea to implement this system in the first place.

I have never played a game where they give in one hand & then take away in the other.

What bugs me even more is loosing stuff on a "Disconnect" when you personally have no control over it. 

For me personally its a game breaker.

Yes there are always to side to any story & Ill more than likely get slated for what I support.

No matter I am still firmly on the side of "not been shafted" 

More often than not though, it's not a "out-of-control" disconnect, but a more-than-coincidence "killed boss kthxbai". Yes it sucks if your internet DCs you. I too have been frustrated once or twice by this.

But as of late, it's devolved into "rush!" and right after the boss dies, we get the inevitable host migration screen. I'm for the changes, because the last thing this game needs is a polarising of the community.

These changes are for the better. The "chance" for your internet to fail you versus the almost certain-to-be-encouraged "rush farms" if the old system is kept.

More often than not though, it's not a "out-of-control" disconnect, but a more-than-coincidence "killed boss kthxbai". Yes it sucks if your internet DCs you. I too have been frustrated once or twice by this.

But as of late, it's devolved into "rush!" and right after the boss dies, we get the inevitable host migration screen. I'm for the changes, because the last thing this game needs is a polarising of the community.

These changes are for the better. The "chance" for your internet to fail you versus the almost certain-to-be-encouraged "rush farms" if the old system is kept.

So why not just change the way the boss battle are fought & won or lost, rather than affect every single mission type.

I spend at least 80% of my time soloing mission rather than multi-player.

However what changed this for me was the "Defend" mission which are a lot more fun playing with other folks.

But now with the way loot drops are working its now back to soloing mission as I have no control over how other gamers who have say joined a mission I am on will work out.