The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Wants To See A 3 Day Event: "all Lockers Are Openable $$$"

PsychPT

I think this is actually a rather clever idea. You could totally translate this idea more deeply into a plan I've come up with, with the assistance of a few other deddicated players.

Perfect world generates signficant income, or at least has, in spurts I would assume, tied in with the first post-patch lock boxes in STO. I'm sure romulan lock box ships will generate a huge ammount of money, for very little, over all, physical new content. What I mean to say is, it would be like the release of two new warframes. As of right now, the only evidence you need that this game is generating similar interest and veneration, is that you are still reading this.

What I mean to say is, all you need to do, instead of having things no one needs to 'win', like pistol ammo, in the login rewards; you could offer much more interesting items, at literally 8 hours of work, to every mission in the game that would create a _much_ more dynamic enviroment.

For example, a useable item, like the large health pack that shows up in the rewards, which is ok but... I can buy that myself though, big deal... Offering a more interesting "critical hit" zone to login rewards, just for fun. An item that grants you the ability to open any 15 lockers, that are red when you first approach, into green, openable lockers, with 2x the normal loot ammount. Just for example. Lockers could even become 4 colored. "faction lockers", with 3 assending ranks of level of lock, that you gain, by defeating increasingly harder lock puzzles in higher maps. Let's admit it. The lock puzzles are boring. You could increase the difficulty of the puzzles by adding a harder more evolving system like the puzzle games available for touch pads, make it more three dimentional, dynamic. The more you solve the hard ones, the increasingly better shade of color of that faction's locker you are able to open... if that makes sense.

So that at say, level 10 with that rank, that you get by solving the puzzles on 1-25 level landmarks, but FACTION SPECIFIC.

You earn corpus points for solving corpus puzzles, which could really be an entirely different kind of puzzle, like a math problem.

You earn that first openable level of locker, that the entire team benefits from, because having you there, if no one else is that level with corpus, they wouldnt have gotten that loot. Plus you can jack the prices of everything up, simultaniously jacking up rewards.

I grow tired, and I ramble, I must sleep now.

The lockers don't matter, all players are just rushing the mission without opening one, with the goal to be the first at the extraction point. I'm wandering why did they even make lockers, since they're doing everything to discourage players from going after them,  so that you just run the faster you can to be sure to get a reward at the end of the mission.

The lockers don't matter, all players are just rushing the mission without opening one, with the goal to be the first at the extraction point. I'm wandering why did they even make lockers, since they're doing everything to discourage players from going after them,  so that you just run the faster you can to be sure to get a reward at the end of the mission.

Just because this particular event wouldn't benefit those that rush doesn't make it a bad idea. Me and my group are completionists and explorers. And there are plenty like us. On the flip side, if they had a 3 day event that awarded crazy fast mission complete times, I would likely not partake, but I would still fully support it. As long as it doesn't directly have a negative effect on my gameplay experience and it benefits other honest players, I'm all for it.