The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mire - Worth To Put A Reactor On It?

Anelyn

Am really torn out on this one.

Got it to level 18, put some mods in it (focusing on melee dmg not charge since it has crappy charge dmg to start with), and still it feels .... underwhelming.

Was thinking to use it with Saryn to somehow match her thematic of poison / venom.

If i'd had to choose between Dark Sword, Plasma Sword and Mire, which one would get your vote and why?

PS: I have fang / dual ether / DHS / dual zorens leveled and potatoed, but they belong to other warframes (don't beat me on it, trying to give identity to each warframe with their own weapon sets).

I thought the same thing myself when I bought the schematic, and crafted it.  I made it, started using it... and just wasn't feeling excited about the Mire at all.

I then crafted the Dual Ether Daggers and the Dual Fang, and I felt much better.  Daggers don't have the range swords do, but man... it's like dropping enemies into a blender.

Yeah, I feel ya on the identity thing for each warframe. But there's no point to giving Mire to Saryn, since Mires passive is basically the same as Saryns Contagion. I personally would use a speedy weapon so when you have contagion, you can cause as much damage as possible with it until it runs out, a dagger, or the new Ankyros(?) gauntlets and so on, I personally use a Cermaic Dagger for my Saryn and am loving it.

I have the same dilemma, mine's at rank 22 and it still feels pretty underwhelming- there are better weapons for anything it can do. I'll probably switch to one of the dual sword variants soon, which is too bad because I like the unique look the Mire has. 

As for the others swords you mentioned, I haven't used them but judging by the stats they're pretty similar and seem to be be geared towards charged attacks. I'd take the Dark Sword for it's looks and slightly higher charge damage.

Also am failing to see the increased damage to armored targets (from the poison elemental dmg) be it normal slashes, charge attack or jump attack.

Literally I've been beating a lvl 24 grineer soldier on an alert mission with this sword for 45 seconds until he finally submitted. Infected and Corpus are a different nightmare.

What's the purpose of this sword? It's not good vs any faction in current implementation. Either rework it, or remove it and make it a Skin for other weapons?

Depends on how you want to play. Most people prefer potatoing a better weapon. Mire is like having an innate +4 AP damage and it procs on basic attacks. So, if you don't like playing charged bullS#&$, potato Mire. Suggested action against a bunch of Infested is to jump attack so it procs in an AoE (and have Freeze mod, works as well).

Yep that skin looks great on Saryn.

2 more levels to get it to 30 then will gather dust in inventory. Pretty much is like not having a melee weapon at all (doing high end planets now, anything past lvl 24 and I spend half a minute or more chopping a single regular mob - with all dmg mods).

Fang & Dual Ether is what am running as favorite melee weapons :) Fang vs Grineer, Ethers vs corpus & infested.