The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Acting Goofy Or Nerf?

GetBrocked

So I used the Paris recently and it's been acting kinda strange.  Ignoring the strangeness that is the multishot quirks and damage numbers; it seems like when you're moving, on uneven surface, scratching your &#! or really anything the shot arrow has a chance to complete go somewhere other then where you are aiming. It seems to be most common when on a uneven surface or side strafing.

While certain parts are obviously bugs it kinda does sort make sense to reduce this guns effectiveness while moving.

Anyone else notice this?

Just encountered a weird instance where the arrow shot 45 degree angle (ish) from where I was aiming. Also when shooting at Vay Hek my attacks with the Paris were not being displayed via the pretty numbers. My melee and sidearms numbers appeared just fine.

I actually tried to replicate this bug: it happened to me with almost 100% frequency if I tried to shoot with RMB-aiming into a room from the outer edge of a vent tube on the Grineer Asteroid Base map type.

I guess it's somehow connected with camera placement.

Edited by Panzermeido

Weapons with actual projectiles do have an issue to where, if you are moving and your character moves onto a different level plane, the shot will go askew. The Boltor/Bolto weapons have this issue, but aren't that noticeable because of the rapid fire nature and natural recoil spread of the weapon makes it unnoticeable. Ash's Shuriken and the Paris arrow are the more noticeable culprits.

In other words, if you are aiming your Paris and side strafing, and step down onto a set of stairs, your arrow will not be where your reticule suggests.