Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Regards To Possible Reset

Doppel_Ganger

5. Any experience or achievements accumulated during your time in the Open Beta may be removed or reset at any time during the open Beta testing period. When the game is opened to the public, each player may be returned to novice status.

so Im still new to the game but i found this in the beta agreement and its not that im afraid of losing all my progress since the money spent can still be transfered to the account after beta is done but, My question is will we have a chance to know for sure what the decision is?
I have some platinum sitting in my bank and I want to know if i can spend it on everything and anything in the beta to give better feedback on my experiences with Warframes, Wepons, ect. If the reset is a no go then i guess i still need to play it safe with my platinum buying only the things that would normally taking away from the opportunity to give this game a more solid start from patch to patch.

Basicly all im saying can i go wild with money that can be reused at the end of beta.
or do i have to play this for real and sit on money buying only the select few things that i really desire and giving feedback to a smaller slice of the gameplay.

The answer would also influence my decision to buy more platinum.
Also I didnt write this to sound greedy I actualy want to see this game be something that the other games Ive
put money and time into in the past  could never be.

It has already been declared that we will all get an optional reset soon. The optional reset will refund any platinum we spent during open beta. This optional reset may only be taken once but will reset the whole account.

Otherwise, we get to keep everything we earn in Open Beta

Here's a suggestion, make it a choice. People can decide whether to reset or not. To be honest with you I don't really want to do all of this again, those who've done it should have the choice to either reset or retain their current gameplay stats.

well i know that you will be able to reset your account at some point thats why im spending all the plat but i dont know when.After the reset you will get all the platinum back ^^'

Will i be able to change my starting warframe as well? I love Excaliber but i would have picked diffrent if i knew you get a better style of that warframe with founder status. Also where do you know this from? I would love to skim that thread if you can link it, Please and Thank You.

Here's a suggestion, make it a choice. People can decide whether to reset or not. To be honest with you I don't really want to do all of this again, those who've done it should have the choice to either reset or retain their current gameplay stats.

DE have said it will almost certainly be an optional reset...with an awful lot of "are you sure?" type pop-ups to try and discourage a flood of "but I didn't think you meant everything" type complaints.

I'm currently deciding whether I'd take it....probably will, as to date I've been playing the game very much in "experimental" mode as it is still beta and I don't try for serious progression in a beta, just in case.

As FluffyBunnySlippers said (love the name <3) its going to be optional but they still reserve the right to reset everything without warning once the game is ready and finished but that will only happen in the even of a database migration to a different program that isn't compatible with the system they have now and will do allot to avoid it ^^

As FluffyBunnySlippers said (love the name <3) its going to be optional but they still reserve the right to reset everything without warning once the game is ready and finished but that will only happen in the even of a database migration to a different program that isn't compatible with the system they have now and will do allot to avoid it ^^

I feel alot more confident now but I still wouldn't mind seeing where they made that announcement something i tried to google and was suprizingly left in the dark...

Depends entirely on how much effort you are willing to redo. A reset would basically be you getting an entirely new account with all the platinum you bought on it + founders items + closed beta specials. If you are willing to lose all the warframes/weapons/mods/credits you have/built.. then yeah.. feel free to reset. Personally I would say: start a new account, play around with the other 2 frames you can choose. see if you like em. Play for a few hours, if its tolerable to go back to that then you can just spend your plat on your main and play around until the reset comes in. For players like me who built basically every frame in the game ... I think I'll pass on the reset thanks ;)