Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions / Irritations

PapaKicks

I'll be adding more ideas as I think of them. These are my personal opinions, you are not required to like them. I just want them available for the devs to see for consideration.

[iRRITATION]
Make a keybinding to display bonus mission challenge

Or else a toggle to always display it. Related : remove impossible challenges. (hack a console on a defense mission as an example)

[iRRITATION]
Security System activation

Whenever a camera sees a player the security system is activated. The only problem with this is that there is no limit to how far away the camera may be from your current position. So for example, if my teammate is 4 or 5 rooms away (for whatever reason) and is in view of a camera, I cannot enter the door I am stuck behind.

The problem is that unless he is seeing a laser blocked door, or getting fired at by turrets himself, he usually has no idea he is standing in view of a camera and preventing my progress.

While this makes sense from a logical standpoint, it does not take into account players who just aren't paying enough attention to their surroundings to realize they are affecting the rest of their team.

Solution 1) Make the security systems much more localized. A camera three rooms away cannot control the security in your current location.

Solution 2) Whenever a camera is detecting a threat, make it much more noticeable to all players. Such as a loud piercing alarm. This will get their attention to actually look around and check for cameras.

[iRRITATION] - FIXED! TY TY!

Well this just got interesting irritating

Altered mission objectives happen too often. So much so that I now avoid Raid, Capture, Spy, Sabotage and Deception missions when possible. These should be fairly rare events. And when they do occur, the rewards should be increased appropriately.

[iRRITATION] - FIXED! TY TY!
Third Person Aiming Errors

There are two issues right now:
1) If you are next to a wall or object, the reticle is not accurate. Your projectile will hit the wall or barrel even though your reticle is beyond the wall. This is easy to compensate for once you are aware of the problem, but the reticle should be accurate.
2) The same issue applies at point blank range. The bullet leaves your gun which is pointed straight ahead of you, it does not point at the reticle.

While it's possible to compensate for both of these discrepancies once you are aware of them, we shouldn't have to. The reticle should be accurate no matter what.

[iRRITATION]
Identical mods should always upgrade regardless of the order you choose

I've yet to make this mistake, but almost did. Picking the rank 1 mod first should not cause the rank 4 mod to downgrade to rank 3. The results should be the same regardless of which you select first. (Applicable to identical mods only)

[sUGGESTION]
Keep your melee weapon unsheathed

Right now every time you stop your melee attack for a small amount of time, you sheath your melee weapon and return to your ranged. This small lag makes melee less viable than it could be. Or at the very least, more annoying than it should be.

GuerillaBiscuits : "Personally I'd love the ability to toggle your melee weapon, holstering your rifle/pistol, allowing you to attack and block using your primary & alt fire."

[sUGGESTION]
Turn ? Alert missions into random rewards

Right now ? missions are no different than a standard credit mission. People look at the reward and decide if they want to do it or not. If it was completely random (but from the same loot table), we would have a chance at rare bp's, artifacts, etc - every single ? mission. If you're missing a specific bp (*cough glaive*) people would do the ? missions every time until they got their reward.

[sUGGESTION]
Foundry "rush" option should scale with how much time is left

If there's only an hour left, it should be cheaper than if it's the full 24 hours for example. I am too cheap to buy an item for 200 plat. I am too cheap to rush the cooking for 40 plat, but I might be tempted to skip the last two hours if it's 5 plat. (Microtransactions FTW)

[sUGGESTION] ADDED! TY!
Weapon loadouts

When I go from grineer to infest, I usually switch weapons. This process includes unequipping all mods for that slot, changing weapons, then requipping all mods into new weapon. All this takes much longer than it could. During alerts it feels even longer.

Please add weapon loadouts that automatically equip the mods you have saved previously so that changing a weapon is as simple as that: Clicking on the loadout button.

Loadout slots could be platinum only. Since this is a convenience feature and nothing more, there is no need to make it available to free players in theory. I personally would be willing to pay 25 plat per loadout slot.

[sUGGESTION] ADDED - TY!
Right-click to add or remove mods

Dragging and dropping is not the most fun way to equip mods. I'd prefer a simple right-click approach, but that would be complicated due to polarity slots. A better idea would be to : right-click to select a mod, right-click on the mod slot of your choice. (Or whatever click you want to make it, the point is just not be drag-n-drop.

[sUGGESTION]
Different color waypoints for each player

Either force or allow players to choose unique waypoint colors.

Alternatively change a waypoint's color once you have visited it. (Or remove it completely.)

[iRRITATION]
After exiting a mission, default chat should be Squad not Region

When you leave a mission, I often want to say something to my teammates. "Another run?" etc. But almost always they leave session without hearing or saying anything. I do the same thing. Why? Because I know their chat is set to regional and their chat window is collapsed by default. That's two unneeded steps they would have to take to listen or talk. And most people won't bother, they'll just re-queue with a random group.

[sUGGESTION]
Solving a hack fast enough (usually by using a cypher) should unalert enemies

The ship is under attack, there's an intruder. The security team in section B declares a lockdown, and soon after declares it all clear. The rest of the map resumes their normal duties as if nothing happened, they don't continue to be on high alert.

[iRRITATION / BUG]
Mission alteration bugs

The mission alternations ("Well this is interesting, we now need...") too often repeat in the same mission. I've had to pick up 8 datapads, I've had to capture two people. One that really made me shake my head was destroying the reactor. "We need to disable this ship, destroy it's reactor, and get out of there." - "Well this just got interesting we now need to disable this ship, destroy it's reactor, and get out of there." Wait, what?

These should be either removed, or incredibly rare. If they become incredibly rare they still should be logical.

[sUGGESTION]
Lotus Notes 123

When Lotus updates our mission objective I would like to know a little more behind it. "Forget your previous assignment, exterminate all life." - That is a very large mission change, what is the reason we are changing from a spy mission to exterminate? Is the ship heading for a large populous? Is the contagion mutating and need to be destroyed?

It would only take a couple sentences but a mini-briefing would be kind of nice, and be more interesting story wise. However - and this is a big however, there should be LOTS of variety. If we windup hearing the same reason 100x over it will lose it's intrigue and probably become annoying.

[sUGGESTION]
Credits become one unit that is picked up

Right now credits drop as if they are credit cards. About a dozen.

Why not just make it one item with the same amount of credits? I don't know how much this would affect server performance but it certainly can't hurt it.

[sUGGESTION]
Linked pick up

I know for a fact not everyone will agree with me on this, but I digress.

When a module, or resources etc is picked up. All players on the map get it added to their inventory instantly.

Pros :
- Players do not have to run 100 meters away from the action to reach the mod.
- Players do not have to search for it because the waypoint disappeared before they found it.
- Players do not abandon their group to make sure they don't miss the mod.
- Players do not waste their groups time backtracking to make sure they don't miss the mod.

Cons :
- AFK players would get free mods. (My response? They already get free xp, while this might encourage a few more leechers, I don't think it's a huge difference between the ones we already have and a few more. Secondly I assume there is plans to votekick in the works? Third, we can't design the game around a few bad apples. The benefits far outweigh the cons in my opinion on this.

[sUGGESTION]
Orokin Catalyst and Reactors

If you do not have a catalyst or reactor, the upgrade spot should be a clickable link to the market for that item. It would encourage sales of those items.

[sUGGESTION]
Better ship messages

I'm sure a lot of them are placeholders, but it's weird to hear a human female say something like "Your safety is our highest priority." over the comm system of a Grineer ship.

For one all of the Grineer sound much different obviously, and secondly, I kind of doubt the Grineer care too much about an individual's safety over the safety of their species / cause / objective. Just the feeling I get from them.

A link to Badprenup's Suggestions and Irritations (further down this thread) : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/32165-suggestions-irritations/#entry367635

A link to TgSid2001's irritation about vertical wall running:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/32165-suggestions-irritations/page-2#entry408411

Edited by Akivoodoo

Personally I'd love the ability to toggle your melee weapon, holstering your rifle/pistol and allowing you to attack and block with primary/alt fire.

I find most the time I'm just using melee, and not only would this change mean I could circle strafe left (Can't do that properly with melee bound to E) and would stop my fingers from getting so damn tired from mashing Ctrl+Shift+W+E, which is a pretty awkward combination to be hitting every few seconds for an hour at a time.

I could just bind melee to mouse5 but a lot of people can't, plus I prefer using mouse5 for PTT

Edited by GuerillaBiscuits

Personally I'd love the ability to toggle your melee weapon, holstering your rifle/pistol and allowing you to attack and block with primary/alt fire.

I find most the time I'm just using melee, and not only would this change mean I could circle strafe left (Can't do that properly with melee bound to E) and would stop my fingers from getting so damn tired from mashing Ctrl+Shift+W+E, which is a pretty awkward combination to be hitting every few seconds for an hour at a time.

I could just bind melee to mouse5 but a lot of people can't, plus I prefer using mouse5 for PTT

I just started to try out melee seriously (now that I found some mods I like) and found that I agree 100%. The time you waste sheathing/unsheathing is an annoyance.

Edited by Akivoodoo

1) If you are next to a wall or object, the reticle is not accurate. Your projectile will hit the wall or barrel even though your reticle is beyond the wall. This is easy to compensate for once you are aware of the problem, but the reticle should be accurate.
2) The same issue applies at point blank range. The bullet leaves your gun which is pointed straight ahead of you, it does not point at the reticle.

While it's possible to compensate for both of these discrepancies once you are aware of them, we shouldn't have to. The reticle should be accurate no matter what.

Audio Bug
The "claim and exit" or "continue" buttons ignore the audio volume setting. So does the sell item sound.

Foundry "rush" option should scale with how much time is left.

If there's only an hour left, it should be cheaper than if it's the full 24 hours for example. I am too cheap to buy an item for 200 plat. I am too cheap to rush the cooking for 40 plat, but I might be tempted to skip the last two hours if it's 5 plat. (Microtransactions FTW)

Weapon loadouts

When I go from grineer to infest, I usually switch weapons. This process includes unequipping all mods for that slot, changing weapons, then requipping all mods into new weapon. All this takes much longer than it could. During alerts it feels even longer.

Please add weapon loadouts that automatically equip the mods you have saved previously so that changing a weapon is as simple as that: Clicking on the loadout button.

Loadout slots could be platinum only. Since this is a convenience feature and nothing more, there is no need to make it available to free players in theory. I personally would be willing to pay 25 plat per loadout slot.

Dragging and dropping is not the most fun way to equip mods. I'd prefer a simple right-click approach, but that would be complicated due to polarity slots. A better idea would be to : right-click to select a mod, right-click on the mod slot of your choice. (Or whatever click you want to make it, the point is just not be drag-n-drop.

When you leave a mission, I often want to say something to my teammates. "Another run?" etc. But almost always they leave session without hearing or saying anything. I do the same thing. Why? Because I know their chat is set to regional and their chat window is collapsed by default. That's two unneeded steps they would have to take to listen or talk. And most people won't bother, they'll just re-queue with a random group.

[sUGGESTION] Solving a hack fast enough (usually by using a cypher) should unalert enemies

The ship is under attack, there's an intruder. The security team in section B declares a lockdown, and soon after declares it all clear. The rest of the map resumes their normal duties as if nothing happened, they don't continue to be on high alert.

[iRRITATION] Security System activation

Whenever a camera sees a player the security system is activated. The only problem with this is that there is no limit to how far away the camera may be from your current position. So for example, if my teammate is 4 or 5 rooms away (for whatever reason) and is in view of a camera, I cannot enter the door I am stuck behind.

The problem is that unless he is seeing a laser blocked door, or getting fired at by turrets himself, he usually has no idea he is standing in view of a camera and preventing my progress.

While this makes sense from a logical standpoint, it does not take into account players who just aren't paying enough attention to their surroundings to realize they are affecting the rest of their team.

Solution 1) Make the security systems much more localized. A camera three rooms away cannot control the security in your current location.

Solution 2) Whenever a camera is detecting a threat, make it much more noticeable to all players. Such as a loud piercing alarm. This will get their attention to actually look around and check for cameras.

[iRRITATION / BUG]Mission alteration bugs

The mission alternations ("Well this is interesting, we now need...") too often repeat in the same mission. I've had to pick up 8 datapads, I've had to capture two people. One that really made me shake my head was destroying the reactor. "We need to disable this ship, destroy it's reactor, and get out of there." - "Well this just got interesting we now need to disable this ship, destroy it's reactor, and get out of there." Wait, what?

These should be either removed, or incredibly rare. If they become incredibly rare they still should be logical.

[sUGGESTION] Lotus Notes 123

When Lotus updates our mission objective I would like to know a little more behind it. "Forget your previous assignment, exterminate all life." - That is a very large mission change, what is the reason we are changing from a spy mission to exterminate? Is the ship heading for a large populous? Is the contagion mutating and need to be destroyed?

It would only take a couple sentences but a mini-briefing would be kind of nice, and be more interesting story wise. However - and this is a big however, there should be LOTS of variety. If we windup hearing the same reason 100x over it will lose it's intrigue and probably become annoying.

[sUGGESTION] Credits become one unit that is picked up

Why not just make it one item with the same amount of credits? I don't know how much this would affect server performance but it certainly can't hurt it.

[sUGGESTION] Linked pick up

When a module, or resources etc is picked up. All players on the map get it added to their inventory instantly.

Pros :

- Players do not have to search for it because the waypoint disappeared before they found it.

- Players do not waste their groups time backtracking to make sure they don't miss the mod.

Cons :

- AFK players would get free mods. (My response? They already get free xp, while this might encourage a few more leechers, I don't think it's a huge difference between the ones we already have and a few more. Secondly I assume there is plans to votekick in the works? Third, we can't design the game around a few bad apples. The benefits far outweigh the cons in my opinion on this.

[sUGGESTION] Orokin Catalyst and Reactors

If you do not have a catalyst or reactor, the upgrade spot should be a clickable link to the market for that item. It would encourage sales of those items.

[sUGGESTION] Better ship messages

I'm sure a lot of them are placeholders, but it's weird to hear a human female say something like "Your safety is our highest priority." over the comm system of a Grineer ship.

For one all of the Grineer sound much different obviously, and secondly, I kind of doubt the Grineer care too much about an individual's safety over the safety of their species / cause / objective. Just the feeling I get from them.

These are awesome. A couple of things I would like to see in addition:

[sUGGESTION] Squad/Region Chat Remembers Position, Open/Closed State

This one is simple. I like to keep the chat on the left side of the screen because it doesn't get in the way of the map. However, I currently have to open it and move it every time I go back to the level select screens.

[iRRITATION] Having to Backtrack Through Multiple Menus

If you look at you Arsenal, then look at the Market, then the Foundry, and press escape, it returns you to the previous menu in order (back to Market, then to Arsenal). Same as if you use the "Back" buttons or the X for the Market. It isn't too big of a deal, but having to reverse cycle through these menus just to get back to the level select is tedious. Making so Escape automatically brings you to level select regardless of the menu, or giving us a "Solar Map" button that brings us right to it would be a huge help.

[sUGGESTION] Better Controls while Equipping Mods

This kind of goes with the Right Click to Add/Remove Mods suggestion above. Currently, you have to go into the Mods menu to use Fusion, and cannot do it from the Upgrade screens for each Mod. You have to unequip them, Fusion them, and then equip them again. Why not give us the Fusion button on the Equip Mods screen? Instead of Drag and Drop, you click on a mod and it "activates", similar to how it does if you click on one in the Mods menu. Then a small menu appears:

<Equip/Unequip> [E] (This one is context sensitive. If you click one that isn't equipped, you see Equip, and if you click on one that is equipped you see Unequip)

Fusion [F]

Sell (if it is equipped, then an extra line of text appears on the sell confirmation screen that informs the player)

Equip prioritizes empty slots with matching polarity highest, then empty slots with no polarity, and finally empty slots with bad polarity last. If you have no empty slots, you cannot equip via this method. You can still drag and drop, or if you click on an equipped Mod and then click on the Compatible Mods area it removes it, or if you click on a Mod directly it swaps them (if it can). The reverse is true. Clicking an unequipped mod and clicking on an equipped mod will swap them if possible, similar to the drag and drop system. You can also click on an empty slot to put it there.

This allows you to manage mods for individual weapons and weapon types way better. It also allows you to use Fusion without playing around with multiple menus.

[EXPANDED IDEA] Varied Reasons for Secondary Objectives (Based on First Objective)

This is tied to the OP's Mission Alteration Bug and Lotus Notes 123. Instead of outright removing or making these similar secondary objectives very rare, audio/text should explain why they happened. Lotus Notes 123 covers this for different objectives but if they are the same it doesn't work out so well, so this focuses on duplicate objectives. But this should be changed for all secondary objectives so the second audio is different and based on the primary objective.

Examples for duplicate secondary objectives:

Sabotage: Lotus tells you that they switched to a backup Reactor and you must destroy that one as well.

Rescue: The Hostage informs you that there is another Hostage that needs to rescued elsewhere on the ship.

Spy: Lotus tells you that the Datamasses you collected hints at there being more information hidden and tasks you with finding it.

Raid: Lotus says she learned of a second artifact in the area (not much you can do with this one).

Mobile Defense: Lotus notices more terminals can be hacked for more information (I'm not sure if this one can be duplicated)

Deception: Lotus says you need to bring a Datamass to a backup terminal to ensure the mission is a success.

Capture: The target says something like "You won't be able to capture my commander/ally/whatever." instead of screaming and Lotus informs you that there is a target she was unaware of and to get him too.

This would make it seem more realistic and less jarring for when you have to do the same thing twice.

[iRRITATION]

Well this just got interesting irritating

Altered mission objectives happen too often. So much so that I now avoid Raid, Capture, Spy, Sabotage and Deception missions when possible. These should be fairly rare events. And when they do occur, the rewards should be increased appropriately.

[sUGGESTION]

Right now ? missions are no different than a standard credit mission. People look at the reward and decide if they want to do it or not. If it was completely random (but from the same loot table), we would have a chance at rare bp's, artifacts, etc - every single ? mission. If you're missing a specific bp (*cough glaive*) people would do the ? missions every time until they got their reward.

You sure seem to be an irritated fellow. Can't disagree with anything though so guess that makes me irritated as well.

Thinking of it those security lasers sure are irritating. Localizing them sounds reasonable. And maybe keep the doors open if they are active. Too many times I've unsuspectedly popped open the doors and gotten "lazers in ma face".

Edited by Datasaur

I'll be adding more ideas as I think of them. These are my personal opinions, you are not required to like them. I just want them available for the devs to see for consideration.

[iRRITATION]

Make a keybinding to display bonus mission challenge

Or else a toggle to always display it. Related : remove impossible challenges. (hack a console on a defense mission as an example)

[iRRITATION]

Modules disappear too quickly in defense mission

Currently modules disappear about a minute(?) after the first player picks it up. The problem with this is that I can choose to continue to help my team by fighting the remaining enemies, or I can selfishly run to the module. Guess which one is rewarded with the current setup? It's extremely frustrating to kill off 4 or 5 more enemies and run to the module to see it disappear before your eyes.

[iRRITATION]

Security System activation

Solution 2) Whenever a camera is detecting a threat, make it much more noticeable to all players. Such as a loud piercing alarm. This will get their attention to actually look around and check for cameras.

[iRRITATION]

Well this just got interesting irritating

Altered mission objectives happen too often. So much so that I now avoid Raid, Capture, Spy, Sabotage and Deception missions when possible. These should be fairly rare events. And when they do occur, the rewards should be increased appropriately.

[iRRITATION]

While it's possible to compensate for both of these discrepancies once you are aware of them, we shouldn't have to. The reticle should be accurate no matter what.

[iRRITATION]

Identical mods should always upgrade regardless of the order you choose

I've yet to make this mistake, but almost did. Picking the rank 1 mod first should not cause the rank 4 mod to downgrade to rank 3. The results should be the same regardless of which you select first. (Applicable to identical mods only)

[sUGGESTION]

Keep your melee weapon unsheathed

Right now every time you stop your melee attack for a small amount of time, you sheath your melee weapon and return to your ranged. This small lag makes melee less viable than it could be. Or at the very least, more annoying than it should be.

GuerillaBiscuits : "Personally I'd love the ability to toggle your melee weapon, holstering your rifle/pistol, allowing you to attack and block using your primary & alt fire."

[sUGGESTION]

[sUGGESTION]

Foundry "rush" option should scale with how much time is left

[sUGGESTION]

Weapon loadouts

Loadout slots could be platinum only. Since this is a convenience feature and nothing more, there is no need to make it available to free players in theory. I personally would be willing to pay 25 plat per loadout slot.

[sUGGESTION]

[sUGGESTION]

Different color waypoints for each player

Either force or allow players to choose unique waypoint colors.

Alternatively change a waypoint's color once you have visited it. (Or remove it completely.)

[iRRITATION]

[sUGGESTION]

Solving a hack fast enough (usually by using a cypher) should unalert enemies

[iRRITATION / BUG]

Mission alteration bugs

[sUGGESTION]

Lotus Notes 123

[sUGGESTION]

Credits become one unit that is picked up

[sUGGESTION]

Linked pick up

Pros :

Cons :

[sUGGESTION]

Orokin Catalyst and Reactors

[sUGGESTION]

Better ship messages

A link to Badprenup's Suggestions and Irritations (further down this thread) : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/32165-suggestions-irritations/#entry367635

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED - [iRRITATION]Slow connection hosts

It's fairly obvious each match is peer-to-peer hosted. It's very annoying to join a host with a very slow internet connection. The lag makes me want to quit and find a new match (it's that bad). Meanwhile other people have very fast connections, they should be prioritized as hosts. Possible solutions: An option for "host online" or "join online". Or an option for "only join a host with [X] latency or less".

FzPDXdr.gif

I think I agree with most of your points. The only one I really object to is changing how melee weapons function. I don't really notice the lag, though most of my melee attacks are hit-and-run style strikes anyway (since throwing yourself into the midst of a dozen guns, focus firing you tends to end poorly). If you favor a system that requires you to toggle through 3 different weapons, I would hope that Digital Extremes makes that a toggle in the options menu, rather than default. I think the current system is pretty intuitive and novel. 

Additionally, couldn't they just make the sheathing/unsheathing animations faster?

Also, I'd like to add an irritation to your list!

[iRRITATION]

Wall Running vertically arbitrarily ends with a backflip or climbing over the top of the object. 

In the absence of a fully featured tutorial level for the Tenno's maneuvers, I have managed to figure out how to wall run, slide, etc on my own. One thing I still have problems with is that if I let go of the shift button during a vertical wall run, I backflip off of the wall - often times into non-visible space (since the camera is facing the wall). Wouldn't it be more practical to automatically execute a grab to pull yourself up to the next level? As it is, it seems very inconsistent, depending on the type of terrain, etc.

If the backflip off of a wall is an essential space-ninja move, then I'd love to still get a programmable key combination where a pull up maneuver could be executed instead. Thanks!