Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pick Ups

Engelheim

I believe that certain aspects of pick ups should be revised. When taken into account numerically the pick ups are vastly unbalanced for weapon types and exp. Let's first take a look at ammo:

Avg Pistol Ammo Capacity: 200

Avg Rifle Ammo Capacity: 500

Avg Shotgun Ammo Capacity: 150

Avg Sniper Ammo Capacity: 72

Pistol Pick Up: 20 (10% of capacity)

Rifle Pick Up: 20 (4% of capacity)

Shotgun Pick Up: 10 (6.6% of capacity)

Sniper Pick Up: 10 (13.8% of capacity)

The frequency of ammo drop rates are pistol, rifle, shotgun, and sniper from greatest to least. Namely the problem is the amount of rifle ammo from pick ups which is the lowest among all the weapon types. This is further emphasized by the fact that the fire rate for most rifles are greater than the other weapon types which will increase the rate of ammo depletion.

I understand that artifacts and mods may mitigate the ammo problems but their use will lower the efficiency of damage or utility compared to the player using another weapon type.

I propose that rifle pick ups are increased at least twice.

Secondly I suggest to scale the amount of affinity from loot containers to level. 100 affinity is good at lower levels but becomes nearly useless at higher levels. It would be great if this could be increased.

Lastly I suggest loot radar be able to detect lockers as well.

Edited by Engelheim

Some changes definitely need to be made.  It's great that ammo pickups are abundant but it always seems like the primary weapon of your choice (rifle/shotgun/sniper) is the one that never drops.  I would propose the number of ammo drop types be reduced to two, primary and secondary.  It would be nice to have the different types of ammo cartridges drop but the picture and type of primary weapon dropping should be for your primary (as seen per client).  If you need me to paraphrase because that was kind of confusing:  There will only be two kinds of drop, primary and pistol.  Everyone can loot both of them.  The kind of primary ammo you are looting will just be what you have taken into the mission (i.e. rifle).

Some changes definitely need to be made.  It's great that ammo pickups are abundant but it always seems like the primary weapon of your choice (rifle/shotgun/sniper) is the one that never drops.  I would propose the number of ammo drop types be reduced to two, primary and secondary.  It would be nice to have the different types of ammo cartridges drop but the picture and type of primary weapon dropping should be for your primary (as seen per client).  If you need me to paraphrase because that was kind of confusing:  There will only be two kinds of drop, primary and pistol.  Everyone can loot both of them.  The kind of primary ammo you are looting will just be what you have taken into the mission (i.e. rifle).

This is a much more elegant solution.

Very good idea. It just needs some spice to it, otherwise we will have infinitive ammo. 

The only problem with this is the frequency of ammo drops. I don't find it common to run low/out of ammo on my paris even without any sort of buffs to the drops at all. I have found it problematic at times to find enough rifle ammo when using an automatic rifle because of the rate they burn through ammo despite the frequency of their drops. What if it were changed to be at least one clip per weapon? In cases like rifles wouldn't this be most beneficial rather than a flat number?

Paris is a nightmare to play solo with imo. The other day i killed 370 mobs in 1 solo game. My paris holds 90 bolts ¬_¬. I had sniper scav on and i swear i found only 1 ammo refill in the whole map.

I agree with this thread but there maybe also be an issue with us not using melee enough so maybe thats why the devs leave drop rates like this?

Paris is a nightmare to play solo with imo. The other day i killed 370 mobs in 1 solo game. My paris holds 90 bolts ¬_¬. I had sniper scav on and i swear i found only 1 ammo refill in the whole map.

I agree with this thread but there maybe also be an issue with us not using melee enough so maybe thats why the devs leave drop rates like this?

Try endless defense with Paris. Ammo runs out in like 4 waves. 

You can't just look at max ammo and ammo per pickup. You have to consider drop rates (assuming they're not equal) and weapon fire rate.

Because I think people will agree when I say sniper ammo almost never effing drops.

I think the number of rounds you get from ammo drops should not only be calculated as a % of your maxiumum capacity, but it should also take into account how much damage those rounds deal. 6.6% of your total shotgun capacity is way more effective than 10% of your rifle ammo (that's why people usually say you can't run out of shotgun ammo).

Other than that, primary/secondary ammo sounds good as long as the number of drops is tweaked.

True about shotgun ammo not running out. 
So they could makee Primary and Secondary ammo boxes that have "%MaxAmmo - (minus) FlatAmount" The minus is there to reduce the amount powerful weapons get, because they are consuming ammo slower. 

For example (NOTE: It's an example, it only represents general idea
15% - 12 
For shotgun it would be 120 * 0.15 - 12 = 6 ammo per box. 
For Rifles it would 540 * 0.15 - 12 =  69 ammo per box. 

EDIT: So why not stick to just % of Maximum? Including negative flat value increases the gap between powerful weapons and ammo spammers. 
If it was just 5% of maximum then shotgun would have the same 6 but rifles would have 27. You can clearly see the difference. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin