Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission/map Suggestion "the Rush"

Willitblend

Since I found myself among plenty of rushers and people who would love to see PVP I had this brilliant idea for a new mission.

I will explain it the best I can on how it would be fun for me, personally to experience it, but feel free to correct me if you find a flaw.

I will call it, The Rush.

It can only start when there are 4 people in queue, random people, that means you can't join it as pre-made team. Players start in different rooms, different locations and all rush towards the middle for that one thing ("Item") they have to capture and the one to capture it and deliver it first is the best of them/Winner.

"Stunned" condition: After your Health hits a certain balance you will find yourself unable to move and perform any kind of task for x amount of seconds, you will drop the "item" if you carry it so someone else would get a chance to get it. After x amount of second your hp will regenerate to full again.

You can use your abilities and weapons against eachother but noone dies, instead you will be "stunned". Same will happen if your enemies ( NPCs ) manage to bring your hp to a certain point, you will find yourself in "stunned" condition.

Rules:

If you fall of the map, when you "teleport" back on the location you fell from you will be in "stunned" condition.

You can form a kind of alliance with another player/s but you never know if he/they will backstab you.

You can activate lockdowns, break windows ( If it is spaceship ), bring NPCs upon others (probably by opening/hacking doors) and generally try to sabotage other players if you find a certain item/room to give you this chance.

( *If necessary* ) The person who does carry the "item" will be de-buffed on certain stats to achieve balance.

Lore: There are times when Tenno find themself endlessly arguing about their skills, who killed the most, who did it first, who was the ghost, the time has come, to prove yourselfs, in a single challenge.

-By willitblend (that was terrible lol)

Any ideas/feed back is apriciated.

To those who speak about balance, personally, I think you can never achieve the perfect balance as far you find yourself eachtime among different possibilities, but that doesn't mean you should stop trying to improove. Keep that in mind.

Edited by Willitblend

I see one major flaw in this type of map and that would be that the warframes that where made for speed and have speed mods would win almost every time unless u managed to stop them right at the start and keep geting them into the "stunned" condition as i dont think there is any slows in this game but other than that it sounds good

I see one major flaw in this type of map and that would be that the warframes that where made for speed and have speed mods would win almost every time unless u managed to stop them right at the start and keep geting them into the "stunned" condition as i dont think there is any slows in this game but other than that it sounds good
You have the ability to activate lockdowns and things i explained in rules IF you find this kind of chance.
1. No PvP even if it's only stunning2.Why the hell would people want to rush? Most people don't rush and hate that.There's plenty of PvP in your post, No PvP will be implemented.
Then you could just simply stick to the co-op missions and never ever ever ever ever ever try this one out. Also everytime I am in a mission I always find at least one person who will rush to the end, Always. Edited by Willitblend

This guy has a point. And what he described is only part of the problem. There is currently no balance between the Warframe skills. As an example we can take Loki, what would stop a Loki player from activating Invisibility and running to the end? They would have to do lots of skills revamping.

Why would anyone like to be forced into playing certain classes in such an unbalanced game mode? I don't care that you can stun the others, how is that going to help a Rhino if an Ash can outrun him?

You either make good PVP or you don't bother at all. Needless to say, it makes no sense from a lore point of view.

Edited by Kohira

This guy has a point. And what he described is only part of the problem. There is currently no balance between the Warframe skills. As an example we can take Loki, what would stop a Loki player from activating Invisibility and running to the end? They would have to do lots of skills revamping.

By maybe adding a glow to the person who does carry the item, that wasn't hard to solve...

Why would anyone like to be forced into playing certain classes in such an unbalanced game mode? I don't care that you can stun the others, how is that going to help a Rhino if an Ash can outrun him?

You aren't forced, there are ways to slow a person such as lockdown and things i explained in the rules, those aren't even the final ways or maybe not good enough so feel free to suggest something that would work better if you want to.

Rhino has higher shields, It can help him to not get stunned as fast.

You either make good PVP or you don't bother at all. Needless to say, it makes no sense from a lore point of view.

To make good PVP you must test it first, to make a good game you must test it first for it flaws and such, that is why there are Alpha and Beta stages, are you saying that if you can't make a game (example) that will be instantly good you better not make it at all?

Unfortuantely I can't do more than write this suggestion I wish there was a way to test it so I would see if it is indeed as horrible as you describe.

Adding a lore is a good suggestion though, I will do that next.

By maybe adding a glow to the person who does carry the item, that wasn't hard to solve...

That wasn't hard to solve? You just made Loki's best skill useless. What is he supposed to do now? How is Loki going to stun others? He has no offensive abilities. This is what I'm talking about, it's not easy to solve, if you don't take his Invisibility he's too overpowered, if you take it he is useless.

To make good PVP you must test it first, to make a good game you must test it first for it flaws and such, that is why there are Alpha and Beta stages, are you saying that if you can't make a game (example) that will be instantly good you better not make it at all?

Unfortuantely I can't do more than write this suggestion I wish there was a way to test it so I would see if it is indeed as horrible as you describe.

It's not about making it instantly good, it's about DE taking a risk with such an idea. They would need to revamp most skills in order to work for this kind of game type, they would have to work a lot, which means money and time. It's not as easy as you say, you can't test every idea because it's not free to test it. For such a game type, and only for this one game type, they would have to work as much as they worked for all the other mission types together.

You can't simply add PVP when the frames are clearly made for PVE only, their skills scream PVE. I'm not saying that PVP will never come (although I hope it won't), but if it does it's going to be much much much later in the game. Making a total skill revamp will take all of their resources, so while they are doing that, they won't be able to add any more PVE content or fixes or anything else.

Edited by Kohira

That wasn't hard to solve? You just made Loki's best skill useless. What is he supposed to do now? How is Loki going to stun others? He has no offensive abilities. This is what I'm talking about, it's not easy to solve, if you don't take his Invisibility he's too overpowered, if you take it he is useless.

It's not about making it instantly good, it's about DE taking a risk with such an idea. They would need to revamp most skills in order to work for this kind of game type, they would have to work a lot, which means money and time. It's not as easy as you say, you can't test every idea because it's not free to test it. For such a game type, and only for this one game type, they would have to work as much as they worked for all the other mission types together.

You can't simply add PVP when the frames are clearly made for PVE only, their skills scream PVE. I'm not saying that PVP will never come (although I hope it won't), but if it does it's going to be much much much later in the game. Making a total skill revamp will take all of their resources, so while they are doing that, they won't be able to add any more PVE content or fixes or anything else.

You do realise that invisibility is not the only skill he is able to use, if I am not wrong he still can run, jump, melee, shoot, use skills that are not Invisibility and even Invisibility when he doesn't carry the item because only then he would be really...invisible, since he doesn't... glow...  and probably use brain to find different tactics on non brainless NPCs a.k.a. players, right?

So technically if he doesn't carry the item he still can be invisible wichout it being overpowered simply because there is already mechanic that balances it, it is called... *sparkle*  Energy  *sparkle* , which you can't have infinite and you have to probably think before using in order to make some use of it and perform abilities. Don't you agree?

If it is not about making it instantly good then i guess you understand you can't have much experience by just reading a suggestion or "not having a sugestion at all because it is not good enough". What stoping you is the fact that devs can't make it financially but how you know about their budget? How do you know that the pvp is going to be much later in the game? How do you know those kills are only made for PVE, you have tested it in PVP?! Where do you get this info?! Am I living under a rock?!

Im not here to count their finances and time to tell if this idea can work, I am just making a suggestion of what I would love to see and experience. If you are able to count their money and time, please let me know if this would work. thanks.

Right now i would like to experience warframes competing each other wichout any skills revamp because I believe it mostly would work and will be a lot of fun.

How do you know that the pvp is going to be much later in the game?

I don't know... I guess probably because they said so... in the FAQ, and of course the livestreams.

How do you know those kills are only made for PVE, you have tested it in PVP?! .

I haven't. You just can't see how broken most of the skills would be in PVP. It's okay, you're just an avid PVP gamer who wants PVP at all costs, even though the balance is close to none in frame skills.

To be honest, I don't feel like arguing with you, I don't feel like trying to explain for each skill why it is unbalanced. I'll leave you alone. I'll let you and your PVP gamers friends enjoy your suggestions.

Bye.

I don't know... I guess probably because they said so... in the FAQ, and of course the livestreams.

I haven't. You just can't see how broken most of the skills would be in PVP. It's okay, you're just an avid PVP gamer who wants PVP at all costs, even though the balance is close to none in frame skills.

To be honest, I don't feel like arguing with you, I don't feel like trying to explain for each skill why it is unbalanced. I'll leave you alone. I'll let you and your PVP gamers friends enjoy your suggestions.

Bye.

They didn't say when, it even could be tommorow.

I am an avid PVP gamer who wants PVP at all costs and plays non-pvp game.... wait a minut.

So you also now know me personally by reading a few posts, sweet. I bet you can even guess my name if I gave you plenty of tries.

Well then good luck and thanks for your help.