Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Xp Gains...

Arknen

So. I've thought a couple of times about posting this because it may not be popular...

I've just crafted the new twin vipers.  I've equipped them but at level 0 they're sod all use.  So I just wore them into a mobile defence mission at Kappa but never used them.  3 of these later and the guns are level 11, without a single shot fired.

Now, I'm not sure this is a bug or intended to happen but my opinion is that if I don't use the weapon I shouldn't be getting XP for it.

Also, its makes levelling stuff completely meaningless as long as my frame can cope in those high level missions anything else I have on will just level up passively.  I'm not sure it should be this way.

As long as other players on your team use weapons if you are close enough you will get XP for it.

That is not my point.  My point is that I can level weapons without ever using them because of passive xp gain.  It seems silly that they get better though they've never been used.

Ah. That's what you meant. I think it makes sense to some degree. When training in firearms a good way to start is to watch some one who knows what they are doing first (or in some cases people who don't know what they are doing so you can see what NOT to do.)

That is not my point.  My point is that I can level weapons without ever using them because of passive xp gain.  It seems silly that they get better though they've never been used.

But you did use them.

You brought them along in lieu of other weapons selected.

Keep in mind that without active use they will progress _much_ more slowly, but this is still in line with rewarding you for having them as part of your loadout in a mission.

Using the logic you're applying, your Warframe might not ever be eligible for exp gain if it wasn't a Warframe power that made the kill, when taken to extremes (poor Loki :) ).

I don't think your suggestion is unpopular or even wrong per se;  I think you are not setting the definition of 'used' at the right point of interaction.

This allows you to do high level missions and still gain xp.  You take one good weapon and two leveling weapons.  Your teamies level your other weapons for you.

If you hate passive xp gain, you always have the option of playing solo.