Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival: The Suffocation Simulator

(XBOX)ShapelessHorr0r

That's the problem though. You cannot expect players to go online to find out things about your game. All those details should be present in the game, but they never will be!

Also, another big criticism is that enemies literally do not spawn enough. Players want more challenge.

Excavation was a big hit because it retained the survival theme while also solving the big issues from it.

That's the problem though. You cannot expect players to go online to find out things about your game. All those details should be present in the game, but they never will be!

Also, another big criticism is that enemies literally do not spawn enough. Players want more challenge.

Excavation was a big hit because it retained the survival theme while also solving the big issues from it.

Last hotfix fixed spawn rates for corpus and Infested survival. Should be what you're looking for.

Dude, I'll check to see if I have any pics when I get back to my home PC, but 50 minutes isn't a problem of life support, but mod armor/hp pools. Don't need nekros, just need to learn how to play the mechanics. And for crying out loud, stop chasing the spawns. That is the worst thing you can do (short of being a hallway hero and leaving your allies).

Have you explored the possibility that either you, or the people you play with simply aren't very good? I've only been playing for a few months and my buddies and I consistently last till 50 without a nekros. It's about playing smarter. 

I'm tired of everybody saying Nekros is necessary when he isn't. I've done runs before using only frost, oberon, loki and valkyr. Frost makes a bubble, we all stay in it and shoot except for loki who goes and melees everybody, valkyr pops hysteria to revive when needed. It's not hard to get up to 50+ that way. If you play smarter and not harder, you'll do fine.

I've personally had enough of worrying about spawn mechanics, which rooms are better than others, and everyone standing on each others feet. The mode is playable but does need fixing. There's no good reason why teams capable of killing untold numbers of enemies should run out of oxygen.  

Last hotfix fixed spawn rates for corpus and Infested survival. Should be what you're looking for.

Then why is LS still a problem?

just played a t4s. had to extract at 15 mins since we did not have a nekros. please remove this nekros dependency. lotus should help us, not choke us.

Void is a double edged sword. Enemies can spawn rapidly, but once they spawn, they must walk to your location. Void is a big place.

It's a spawning problem.

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

Then why is LS still a problem?

just played a t4s. had to extract at 15 mins since we did not have a nekros. please remove this nekros dependency. lotus should help us, not choke us.

http://i.imgur.com/tYQYA0W.jpg

Learn to play, dude. Spend less time complaining about how hard the game is, and more time actually playing the game.

Edited by Magnar21

Yep asking the players to work as a team and have a strategy, defo not warframe.

Exactly. Strategy and planning must never exist in a game. It must be absolutely unthinkable to actually have to research how to mod a frame, and God forbid that you do anything but run into a mission guns blazing.

Yep asking the players to work as a team and have a strategy, defo not warframe.

Exactly. Strategy and planning must never exist in a game. It must be absolutely unthinkable to actually have to research how to mod a frame, and God forbid that you do anything but run into a mission guns blazing.

You must both be kidding.

Delicate spawn mechanics are not an acceptable part of the strategy equation. It's beyond the scope of the game.

1. The spawns are horrible. You can't do anything. Run around everywhere, stand in a bubble, it doesn't matter. Enemies either come or not, basically a gamble with the AI's pathfinding. Will they find a way to you or not?

2. RNG in the LS' drops is terrible. Getting to 20+ mins depends if the RNG wants you to or not. Break the rules and get Nekros today!

3. Nekros is a must-have for something longer than 15-20+ mins. This is again, 50/50. Depends if the RNG wants to drop the LS or not.

4. Lotus is too lazy. Send us more damn LS. She already did like 50 billions of survivals. Does she not understand Warframes need more LS?

5. The whole mode makes no sense. The air just doesnt disappear in 2 minutes from the whole ship. Neither is it said that they are sucking the air out, it's just said that they de-activated the air systems.

Don't tell me how to play. This is totally not a one persons problem and there is already lots of threads created about it. Look, you got lucky with RNG, lets tell how people should get better instead of trying again and having to ex at 15 mins.

Edited by Meice

1. The spawns are horrible. You can't do anything. Run around everywhere, stand in a bubble, it doesn't matter. Enemies either come or not, basically a gamble with the AI's pathfinding. Will they find a way to you or not?

2. RNG in the LS' drops is terrible. Getting to 20+ mins depends if the RNG wants you to or not. Break the rules and get Nekros today!

3. Nekros is a must-have for something longer than 15-20+ mins. This is again, 50/50. Depends if the RNG wants to drop the LS or not.

4. Lotus is too lazy. Send us more damn LS. She already did like 50 billions of survivals. Does she not understand Warframes need more LS?

5. The whole mode makes no sense. The air just doesnt disappear in 2 minutes from the whole ship. Neither is it said that they are sucking the air out, it's just said that they de-activated the air systems.

Don't tell me how to play. This is totally not a one persons problem and there is already lots of threads created about it. Look, you got lucky with RNG, lets tell how people should get better instead of trying again and having to ex at 15 mins.

Most of what you have said is not true, so yeah keep complaining.

Emmm I dont know what you talking about, whether solo or with friends i can easily stay till 55 minute mark and will leave only cause I am bored not because of Oxygen problem. And we do not use nekros. You just do it wrong. You probably trying to hide from enemies instead of facing them. Or you dont clean them fast enough. Or you Block spawns by being doorway hero somehow

Wow that is a lot of luck for one group with RNG. But seriously it is not luck, it really is knowing how to play the mode. You can't just say I've been extremely lucky and go consistently past 50 minutes on almost every single run with squads and when I go solo.

To get better you have to be on the same page as the entire squad. If you have doorway heroes or some random tenno running around other rooms doing their own thing you will not get far. Also, Nekros is not at all necessary to get past 20 minutes.

Emmm I dont know what you talking about, whether solo or with friends i can easily stay till 55 minute mark and will leave only cause I am bored not because of Oxygen problem. And we do not use nekros. You just do it wrong. You probably trying to hide from enemies instead of facing them. Or you dont clean them fast enough. Or you Block spawns by being doorway hero somehow

Wow that is a lot of luck for one group with RNG. But seriously it is not luck, it really is knowing how to play the mode. You can't just say I've been extremely lucky and go consistently past 50 minutes on almost every single run with squads and when I go solo.

To get better you have to be on the same page as the entire squad. If you have doorway heroes or some random tenno running around other rooms doing their own thing you will not get far. Also, Nekros is not at all necessary to get past 20 minutes.

I'm not comfortable with spawn mechanics being the deciding factor in survival. Survival is playable but should be improved.

Most of what you have said is not true, so yeah keep complaining.

Sure, good luck keeping on suffocating.

And again, there are some really stupid excuses:

1. Doorway hero? Why is there even such thing as blocking spawns with doors? That goes back to the spawning system. If i want to stand near a door, I should be able to. The restrictions to pass a survival mission properly are so high, you can't even walk away from the LS.

2. Knowing how to play the mode? Why not make a whole tutorial in-game just for survival then? Since when do I have to learn something additional thats not written in-game and do work arounds just to make sure enemies spawn

Edited by Meice

I'm not a top tier player, I just have decent gear. (I haven't forma'd my potatos yet) Yet I mostly agree with Magnar21 on how the game mode of survival requires extensive planning/knowledge. (compared to the rest of warframe) Personally, when running with a squad that knows mostly what to do or just listens to my advice, getting 40+ minutes is just a matter of time. Biggest issue for me on staying 'till 40 mins is, w/ aforementioned squad, ammo scarcity and my rear already numb of sitting down with little to no movement for so long.

Yes, I had 'A' nekros on the squads in which I've gone to 45-50, but I've also easily reached ~30mins without one. In which cases we extracted due to my squad mates inability to kill the enemies at that point or I myself took stuff to lvl up to the t4s. However, I cannot ignore the influence RNG has on the mission. The types of enemies, the environment, along with LS(tower) drops are all left to chance. Due to those factors the mission become more difficult or easy. ( Ancients, Shield Ospreys, Crawlers tend to get stuck and derp a lot) So, while it should not determine the mission's success, RNG does influence the mission.

Overall, my biggest issue with the survival game mode, is how time consuming it is. The fact that we get 2 dice throws every 40 mins is way too long. Sure, there are days when I have the time to kill, but damn, 40 minutes?? Just sitting there, Doing something very repetitive without a chance to take a significant break?  It just all feels like a waste of time. Even the average pub rush match in BF4 doesn't take 40mins. That is why I rarely do survivals. They are just a waste of time.

actually, it really doesn't feel like bugframe at all. Its like, a complete different game on survival mission.  =]

I'm not a top tier player, I just have decent gear. (I haven't forma'd my potatos yet) Yet I mostly agree with Magnar21 on how the game mode of survival requires extensive planning/knowledge. (compared to the rest of warframe) Personally, when running with a squad that knows mostly what to do or just listens to my advice, getting 40+ minutes is just a matter of time. Biggest issue for me on staying 'till 40 mins is, w/ aforementioned squad, ammo scarcity and my rear already numb of sitting down with little to no movement for so long.

Yes, I had 'A' nekros on the squads in which I've gone to 45-50, but I've also easily reached ~30mins without one. In which cases we extracted due to my squad mates inability to kill the enemies at that point or I myself took stuff to lvl up to the t4s. However, I cannot ignore the influence RNG has on the mission. The types of enemies, the environment, along with LS(tower) drops are all left to chance. Due to those factors the mission become more difficult or easy. ( Ancients, Shield Ospreys, Crawlers tend to get stuck and derp a lot) So, while it should not determine the mission's success, RNG does influence the mission.

Overall, my biggest issue with the survival game mode, is how time consuming it is. The fact that we get 2 dice throws every 40 mins is way too long. Sure, there are days when I have the time to kill, but damn, 40 minutes?? Just sitting there, Doing something very repetitive without a chance to take a significant break?  It just all feels like a waste of time. Even the average pub rush match in BF4 doesn't take 40mins. That is why I rarely do survivals. They are just a waste of time.

actually, it really doesn't feel like bugframe at all. Its like, a complete different game on survival mission.  =]

Now this I agree with. RNG affecting the mission? Sure, no less than any other mission though. Spawns having trouble? Probably, but that would require a massive rework of the entire game (and previous developer posts have indicated that they have/are attempting to fix spawn/pathing issues). RNG of life support? Unlikely to change in the short term, as the devs are moving in a direction of more RNG, not less.

TL;DR for the melodramatics (or those short on patience): the only problems with survival (besides spending 40+ minutes in a mission) are the same problems affecting practically every other mission. Survival has the best reward per time yield out of any game mode (particularly T4 Void), bar none. Now, if the Excavation missions had better rewards (other than fusion fodder and the occasional key), we might have an awesome contender. Even so, there are far higher priority items on the list of things right now. Making Sniper rifles rewarding, melee high-skill and satisfying, lowering RNG dependance, fixing pathing and general AI performance in all mods, adding more immersive and varied enemy types, and for crying out loud, enough of the triple RNG walls. All of these are far more important than a single game mode. And complaining that it doesn't have enough in-game instructions is a valid point, but, again, isn't unique to this one game mode.

Sorry if my previous posts came across as overly hostile, I have a lot on my RL plate right now.

There is no getting away from it. You can't reasonably expect a player to have knowledge of how the game spawns enemies, let alone make this essential to success. Normally, working doorways would be an effective strategy for defending a position and controlling your ground/flanks, but because it's now mandatory to understand spawn mechanics, people who do that are given a silly label. Really, the 'doorway dumbass' is probably trying to do what seems rational to him - 'if I control this doorway, the enemies can't get in to threaten my team/our position'.

Don't defend it, the spawn system needs to be improved, or made less critical to Survival. Most annoying for me, however, is when THE GAME INSISTS ON SPAWNING ENEMIES FROM DEAD-ENDS I JUST CLEARED. This just breaks immersion and makes any kind of 'strategy' pointless,since the game will make baddies out of thin air regardless of how thorough you were in picking your position.

You're being attacked from behind!

Oh, crap, was I outflanked? Did I not take care of my surroundings?

No, you were very careful. Because Game.

Don't you walk into that room!

What? I'm chasing down an enemy.

WE WILL LOSE THE MISSION.

Did I make a mistake?

No. Because Game.