The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewarding Exploration

aquanota

As the game stands, there is somewhat little incentive to explore maps, which is a shame because so many of the tilesets (especially outdoor) are absolutely beautiful, but only take mere seconds to traverse.

Now what if there was some kind of little collectable token, one hidden in each tile, that would require some searching and possibly a bit of acrobatics to get to. Once you find the token in that area, a little indicator would appear on your UI, indicating you've found the token in said area, and it stays permanently collected.

These tokens would be a new type of currency that you could use to buy perhaps accessories, skins, materials, (maybe even slots if you save up a ton) or more minor things like ammo boxes etc.

I think this would add hours and hours to the game and keep explorers/collectors very entertained.

Thoughts?

Instead, I propose that some chests flash Blue instead of Green, and have a much higher chance of dropping uncommon and rare mods.  This would incentivize exploration at all times, without the need to make terribly extensive changes to the game.

Brushfire

Instead, I propose that some chests flash Blue instead of Green, and have a much higher chance of dropping uncommon and rare mods.  This would incentivize exploration at all times, without the need to make terribly extensive changes to the game.

Brushfire

Yeah for sure. As long as the chest isn't right in your face as soon as you walk through a door, and requires some searching around to find, then I'm all for it.

Yeah for sure. As long as the chest isn't right in your face as soon as you walk through a door, and requires some searching around to find, then I'm all for it.

You know, not even that.  If 1 in 500 chests were blue, and were guaranteed to give an uncommon or better mod, people would be exploring and searching for the already existing secret rooms with chests in them.  You don't even need to hide them, since chests are already hidden in various rooms as it is.  Just maybe give the secret room chests a higher chance of being blue.

Brushfire

I would love to see something like this, however, with the new update, the shift is towards speed runners. So, you won't get any of the mods because the runners will get to extraction while you are opening the lockers, you will get left behind and then get no rewards you found in the level.