Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game Proposal, Please Read: Space Stations

Anelyn

Hey folks, and DE!

I thought why not implement several space stations (or areas on planets already existing) which will be a progression dungeon (with limited or endless levels).

Let me elaborate on this:

Say you have an ancient relic Space Station near Mars. Anyone can join / start a group there (or solo), and the first level has mobs in level range similar to Mars (let's say 10-18). 

Then you populate first level (same generation as normal levels, but of course you can make different textures etc) with Infested. Then you assign a random objective (or add new ones). Once players completed this level, they get to an elevator instead of ship pickup area, and they can choose to continue (go down a level to next one) or leave (like in defense mission). 

You have to complete a level to be awarded the credits / resources / BPs / modules you picked up on way, otherwise (failure of mission, all squad dead etc) you lose your rewards like in current defense mission. So you did level 1, got loot, and decide to head to level 2. You keep level 1 loot if you die or fail, but anything you pick / receive from level 2 will be forfeit, you have to complete level 2 in order to keep the rewards from this level.

Each new level can change factions for variety, will increase the level of enemies, and from a level let's say 5 or 10, you will have guaranteed a Boss in the level (from the pool of existing ones, but level scaled to current level).

So it's similar in mechanics to endless defense, but it's more about playing the game, doing missions in succession rather than sitting on a box shooting enemies wave after wave or using powers to annihilate them. It's a more engaging type of end game. Players can progress as long as they want / can, they will keep rewards of each completed level, but have to complete current level as well in order to benefit from the rewards from this level.

You can make specific space stations, one for corpus, one for grineer and one for infested, with guest appearances through levels just like in normal missions faction change mid game.

The rewards, type of materials dropping, amount of credits, type of mods, even BP's will scale upwards as the player(s) progress to higher levels of the dungeon. (like levels 1-5 give salvage, and level 30 alloy plate or something).

This will further encourage the Co-Op aspect of the game, because no matter how bad$ss your Tenno is, mobs levels keep scaling, and your damage will start to see a decline in effectiveness compared to HP scaling - for example, so you will kill faster and be able to progress further (go deeper in the dungeon) with more Tennos on your team.

So no Rhino boss Solo all dungeon etc. Also there will be no rewards for completing a level (like with current missions), to discourage players abusing stealth and / or speed mechanics to skip most content to get to end (like run to reactor destroy it then run to elevator ignoring everything).

You can mix it up adding levels who challenge the Tenno in similar ways with the Mastery exercises. Is really a good place to expand on, in my opinion.

Awaiting my fellow Tennos feedback, as well as DE staff if they are kind to read :)

Way too many different things in one package. Mixing mastery levels with infested/grineer/corpus makes no sense, unless the "mastery-like" level was a chase of some sort.

Also it would be better if all 3 factions were present in all levels at all times, fighting amongst each other as well as fighting against us. So it'd be like a faction battle royale level.

I like the idea of progression. The things i disliked are in my comment. The rest I like.

They could even make the stalker purposely appear from time to time.