Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Devstream 39] Thoughts On Syndicate Specter Rewards

MonsieurZero

Upon DE_Steve going through the Syndicate profiles in the latter half of the Devstream, each Syndicate displayed the tiers and rewards given for each tier. Every Syndicate seemed to reward a Specter specific to them, the Perrin Sequence with a MOA specter, the Cephalon Suda with a Shield Drone specter, and I believe one of them rewarded a Scorpion specter.

Having any one of the specters will, by inspection be pretty awesome come U15, but the thing that bothers me is.. why specters?

Specters are dandy but.. personally I would choose a legitimate, colourable, customizable, MOA or Shield Drone as a companion over a tactical hologram. Then again, I say this because I am not one who uses specters very often. Having to build sets of them over and over became tiring and I never really needed them to begin with. As for companions, specifically sentinels, I bring them along not only because they're useful, but because I want to and because they don't require continuous maintenance or building.

Just my two cents. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the new specters. It's just that having a permanent MOA or Shield Drone buddy outdoes the idea of having specters in my opinion.

Edited by MonsieurZero

I don't use specteres as I feel they are a waste of resources, but that is just my opinion. I was really hoping that they could give you a faction specific pet. Like a Grineer faction could give you the beastmaster armored Kubrow they have mentioned. A corpus faction could give you a type of quadruped proxy. So on and so forth. That is what I was hoping for. Hopefully down the line they could introduce an idea like this. Otherwise, the only things sounding really worth it for me would be the special mods.

They're meant to be minor rewards, less so than even a single R5 core. Recall that you can bring the appropriate sigil to a mission and earn faction points passively, so they're practically free.

I noticed this as well. Specters are fair as minor rewards; a companion definitely wouldn't be one to receive right off the get go as it's more of an end tier (possibly final tier) reward. I just hope that DE considers the idea of full-fledged companion versions after some period of time; I've wanted a Shield Drone companion ever since the Void was introduced.