Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What determines rank of mod drops?

RawrKitty

hey all - i know its not actually your rank, or the planet you're on, earlier today i was on juipiter and i was getting rank 30, and then i go to pluto and get like rank 10 stuff... and i go back to jupiter and now all of a sudden my drops are at 1-9? wtf? and i dont mean like one dorp i mean a lot of them, can anyone clarify how the system works? im trying to farm 28-30 mods :l

Maybe the enemies you fight? I find that Infested drop lots of mods, but mostly low level white gear, Grineer drop the second most with medium rarity and Corpus the least with highest quality. That's just the trend for me so I don't know if thats the case. Althought it would make sense tho if that was the case, because Corpus being high techy and wealthy it would make sense if they dropped the best mods.

Makes sense if it worked that way, but I'll be running around in a 30 frame, 26 HEK, 21 Lex getting rank 1 mods.

The only times I got rank 1 mods with my 30 volt was when getting mods for something I didn't own.

E.g.: 'Trinity' Mod lvl 1, 'Rifle' Mod (I didn't have one equipped) lvl 1, 'Braton' Mod lvl 1, etc...

Check if those lvl 1 mods you received are from things you have/have equipped, if so, I do not know

The only times I got rank 1 mods with my 30 volt was when getting mods for something I didn't own.

E.g.: 'Trinity' Mod lvl 1, 'Rifle' Mod (I didn't have one equipped) lvl 1, 'Braton' Mod lvl 1, etc...

Check if those lvl 1 mods you received are from things you have/have equipped, if so, I do not know

Haven't been able to log in all day because of some bug with the account database or something, but I was getting rank 1 mods for stuff I didn't have equipped and stuff I did have equipped, including melee and pistol mods. It followed no pattern I could discern.

WOW

this seems spot on, my last 30 mods, ALL of my rifle mods are 29-30, all of my loki/warframe are 28-30, and all of my shotgun and named mods are 1-5, and all of my pistol/sword are 9-10.

these coincide with my equipment levels EXACTLY. thank you. time to level up my dagger, pistol and buy a burston and shotgun just to get more money! :DD