Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Become A Grand Master Founder

BWS-1

Long story short (*cough*more or less*cough*), I made up my mind: I have good faith that the future of both Digital Extremes and the players supporting them through Warframe will be as bright as the ''Unreal'' past I've enjoyed from them.

I strongly believe this won't be some ''devs cashing in on the players paying in a free-to-play game then drop the franchise out of the blue for no reason at all'', this can last. This should last. While some could call this ''naivety'', I call it a thought-out vote of confidence.

This Warframe endeavor is a rather mighty one and I want to be right there with them from the start. I haven't felt like this since, my, Unreal days and Phantasy Star Online days on Dreamcast (before SEGA started to screw with the franchise and their fans). I want to support the devs to the fullest with the available founders program; I want to become a Grand Master founder. While I've had Warframe for only 3 days; I've had Digital Extremes in my life for quite some time now. I can't remember when they disappointed me.

Alas, I'm limited both by Steam - more precisely Steam Wallet - and this site (for, well, sending me to deal with Steam). I never added anything to my Steam Wallet it so it's empty, I would just pay my things through steam with my credit card. But see I got Warframe through Warframe.com specifically because I didn't want to mix it with my Steam account. I mean, I hate running steam in background for my games. One less process to handle is always a good thing for any machines. Heck, when I realized I could get the game off this site, I even uninstalled my Steam version and RE-DOWNLOADED from here instead. It's kind of a bother that now I HAVE to use steam to do purchases, let alone support the devs as a founder.

Back to Steam Wallet though, to top it all (after I told myself ''fiiine, I'll pay this through Steam by adding steam-wallet-money so I can get this over with) it tells me the ''amount required to make the purchase would exceed the Steam Wallet limit''.

... then... why... did... it... send-me-through-with-Steam-Wallet-as-the-one-and-only-option-of-payment-in-the-first-place?!

Do I have to go and buy all founders pack one after the other until Grand Master?

Will it even let me add the ''needed 150$'' to go from Master to Grand Master??

And to make things worst, would I need to wait for an undetermined period of time before buying them one after the other in fear of triggering the ''steam fraud detection'' on my account, leading it to be locked out and then have to struggle with Steam Support to get things sorted out??? (as I read could happen here)

So many questions; too many questions. Sorry if I sound agitated, I never expected such a steaming pile of... Steam... ''nonsense'' to get in the way of my Warframe experience (and of the devs getting a Grand Master founder).

P.S.: I don't use Ultimepay either, but from what I've read in other topics, I should probably avoid considering it an option.

Edited by BWS-1

Hi,

I understand your frustration... I had to set up steam wallet for this as well.  I went straight from Hunter to Master and from Master to Grand-Master with no problem.  I did it in steps due to cashflow over about a week, but never had any delay.  I later had to re-cache to get my forum account to update properly, but that's is own issue (just an FYI).

Well, I didn't really think it was a pain per se, just a series of unexpected hindrances leading to a mistrust of the entire procedure as a whole.

I did have some trouble with Steam for most of the process, at one part just to acknowledge myself as a human in my browser, and I swear, it's not like I tend to fail those things, but specifically for the Steam check to do alongside my password (since it took me forever to remember it), it kept saying I wasn't human! From that point on, when I saw that I couldn't set the total amount in one go on top of that AND that there was a risk I could inadvertently trigger the fraud detection from Steam Wallet if I'd do successive purchases (which would be necessary to get Grand Master)... I expected the worse, hence why I somewhat ''vented'' about it here in hope of getting some support from the community, which I did receive. And I'm grateful for it, thanks!