Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Target Priority For Sentinels A Bit High?

Qeveren

I know this was tweaked recently, but my Sentinels don't survive contact with the Grineer, period.  They definitely give it a higher targetting priority than they do my Warframe.  The Corpus don't seem nearly so bad... though maybe that's robot solidarity in action or something. :)

I've noticed something similar with Corpus MOAs.

Just the MOAs though, the crewmen mostly aim for my Warframe.

I think it has something to do with proximity.

If the Sentinel is floating next to you in such a way that they are closer to the enemy, they will be shot.

Even if you get closer once the fighting starts, I think it's influenced by which target was closer when combat began.

Ultimately? We don't have a clue.

Hopefully DE will take a look at the targeting AI and tweak sentinel threat levels.

Do you mean they shouldn't intentionally go for the sentinel because it could potentially restore your shields making you more difficult to kill? While it's not exactly the same, every time I see a shield osprey, that is my priority target because they make corpus harder to kill. If only corpus crewmen could post on these forums...

That said, it does make sentinels seem less useful if enemies are just going to take them down ASAP, but it's hard to fault the AI.