Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Award Experience/affinity According To Usage Instead Of Last-Hit-Kills

Pave

E.G. Scenario:

I'm weakening down a high-armored enemy with rapid-fire+strong-gun and I'll finish the said enemy with weak pistol

-> Only pistol gets experience/affinity for this last-hit-kill

Similair thing happens in various older strategy-RPG-games (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (this goes with "experience-points", not "Ability Points", which are gained by just with usage, if I recall correctly (similiar to Grandia, for example), Shining Force, and Disgaea (1st-one at least) to name few of examples).

Kills should be extra experience award pools instead of ammo waste for "cheesing"-guns.

As for warframes itself, they're already being active constantly; taking hits and various other things. Although, this could be perhaps tweaked in future (say like with distributin the over-flow exp to weapons, similair to what happens in Spiral Knights, for example).

I'm actually kinda thinking to similiar systems to what various games have intruduced long time ago: In Quest for Glory-series, you'd get exprience on various skills depending what you did (Climbing (+attempts) increased your Climbing-skills, Lock (+Nose) Picking your Lock Pick-skills, fighting with sword incresed your fencing skills, etc).

Heck, since I mentioned Grandia, Quest 64 / Holy Magic Century / Eltale Monsters you'd also simply gain new abilities and powered up by using your various skills and move-sets avaible

(I'll let the wiki-entry explain the system a bit better than I would: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_64 )

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this topic, due being valid issue; Nothing is more annoying than trying to level up your pistol, only to have your sentinel kill-stealing the kill for its laser rifle...

In fact, maybe the XP-bonus could be rewarded accordingle how long the mission took, instead of just rought 1/4-bonus we have now. Of course, this would need some sort of balancing, so people wouldn't just idle extermination missions to easily farm exp (and possibly other rewards); think of this system similiar to many other games that reward for longer matches (World of Tanks, Super Monday Night Combat, etc. "time-ticking-per-match-recording-games").