Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested, Bad Ai And Spawns.

matrixEXO

Spawns are actually decent provided the AI wasn't dumb enough to surround an enemy who's hiding on a box and ground-slamming them to their doom.

The problem with Infested is that their spawns aren't dynamic. They have a flat spawn rate (Chargers at the most, Leapers second, Crawlers third and Ancients the least) and these causes exploits such as standing on a box to break the immersion (which I do until I told myself that I can't just play like this).

Suggestion is to have the spawns dynamic and the AI more... fluid for some of them. If the enemy receives too many ground slams and dies, more and more Leapers will spawn in place of the Chargers. These Leapers will just leap onto their enemy regardless of whether they are moving or not, as long as they have vision over them. If they do not have vision, they will circle around but keeping to their maximum leap range.

I hope this solves the "Doom on a Box" exploit that is possible with only the Infested.

PS: Ancients are partially easily kiteable while on the box as well. Though, playing Solo means never meeting half-dozen Ancients at once.

Edited by matrixEXO

Seems like an overly complicated solution to a bigger but simpler problem. Namely : Infested unable to attack people on crates.

They're not too bright when it comes to running through Ember's fire, either. Also, after all these centuries, they have not realized the dangers of chokepoints. A gorgon and a good position, an ember, a decoy, a box... they need a bit of work.

Edit to add: That's just what I've found with what I have thus far.

Edited by happyfunba11