The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Tank Frame With Archwing? Working Wf Mods?

perfectStranger

Question

At the moment I'm going with frost(prime) because:
- have a lot of D polarities to efficiently slot in Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber, Fast Deflection
- can, energy drain wise, efficiently use rejuvenation to recuperate health, sice we got no means aside red orbs

- has high shields

- has high armor, and can possibly raise it with arcane aurora helmet

Choosing Frost over Rhino because of the default aura polarity, over Saryn for higher armor (health is lower but regen from rejuvenation is fixed and not a % based on health), over Valkyr because of higher shields and aura polarity, over Zephyr because of low armor.

Did you have different ideas? Share please

Also as a side question, which warframe mods works in archwing mode? Flow? Streamline? Fleeting Expertise? Continuity?
I mean efficency, range, power and duration mods will affect also archwing powers?

Reflex Guard + Reflection combo?
Thief's Wit? Loot Detector aura?

Update
28/10/2014:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2kdiqn/theorycrafting_archwing_stats/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2kfqxt/what_modsstats_get_carried_over_to_your_archwing/

Edited by perfectStranger

valk is the best warframe ive tested, rhino gets shredded so much faster then valk, plus the armor over 1.2k, armor comes in more handy then shields, u guys can do what u want but ive soloed Uranus int mission with valk and have been the last one a live to finish up so many times. GFG reading correct information on the wiki.

So far I've been having a lot of luck with Saryn - Max shields, max Health, max armour and Flow, she ends up being pretty damn resilient and damn near impossible to kill with efficient ability use. I died a few times trying to do the first mission of the Limbo Quest using Frost, ended up sweeping it easily with Saryn at the helm.

Here are my observations through my own experimentation done pre-10.2.0 update. 

A warframes base movement speed does effect archwing movement speed. Faster frames go faster. Rhino Vanguard helm does work as it adds to Rhino base and is not a multiplier like Rush. 

These Mods all work regardless of host:

Vitality

Vigor

Redirection

Steel Fiber

Flow

Fast Deflection

Fortitude (shield recharge not the knockdown)

Marathon

Quick Rest

Maglev

These Mods have been known to work when you are host:

Reflex Guard (don't recommend this as its incredibly slow)

Quick Thinking

Mods that absolutely do not work:

Undying will

Intensify

Overextended

Fleeting Expertise

Blind Rage

Transient Fortitude

Narrow Minded

Stretch

Streamline

Continuity

Surefooted

Aviator

Rush

Untested:

Rage 

Equilibrium

Handspring

I also did some testing with resistances and they seemed to have no effect. 

Other findings:

Quick Rest shaved just over 1 second off the Stamina recharge time making it less desirable than Fast Deflection when Marathon was not equipped. With Marathon equipped Quick Rest shaved off closer to 2 seconds off recharge time, but still I don't consider that enough to make it useful.

the Arch-Angel build I designed is this:

Marathon, Fortitude, Fast Deflection, Flow, Redirection, Steel Fiber, Vigor, and Vitality (all maxed of course).

After trying multiple combinations, I found this to be the most useful.

As for Aura, I run Corrosive Projection most of the time unless corpus then I use Speed Holster for fun (because honestly with the Arch-Angel build the corpus don't give me much reason to need energy siphon or rejuevenation). In the tight corridors of Trench run it is easy to find mods and collect energy/hp so you don't really need things like Loot Detector, Enemy Radar, ammo scavenger aura, or Sprint boost. I do suppose for some Shield Disruption could be useful.

Further Recommendations:

Conclave does have a direct effect on enemy spawns for interception (unless this was patched in 10.2 or later), so I would highly suggest saving a separate loadout for Archwing. Un-equip all weapons but one and remove all the mods from the one you keep equipped. Also don't forget to remove your pets. You should end up with a conclave around 300 depending on your frame choice. This works however the game will take into account and base spawns off the highest conclave in the group. This means if you have 300 conclave but another member has 1200, then you won't see a difference. If all members of the party have a 300-400 conclave you should see a noticeable difference.

As for FRAMES. High Armor, Shields, Health all make good combat frames for Archwing. You can go to wiki and compare stats but my suggestions are:

Frost

Sayrn (my personal choice Arch-Angel Hime)

Rhino

Oberon

Because warframe base movement speeds effect Archwing if you want something slighly durable but a little faster try Valkyr. Personally I found her far to squishy at higher levels even with her robust armor.

Hope this helps, have fun everyone.

Well Rhino prime gets more speed with vanguard helm, Frost gets more armor, both at the cost of some health

They both have same stats, except the movement speed (Rhino P is 1.0, Frost P is 0.9).

I can also confirm that Quick Thinking sometimes work, other times doesn't.

Further Recommendations:

Conclave does have a direct effect on enemy spawns for interception (unless this was patched in 10.2 or later)

Nice post. I am just confirming that conclave DOES NOT affect enemy spawns at all anymore. I have played the Uranus Int a thousand times then read your suggestion and got excited. I immediately rallied my best running mates and had everyone reduce conclave to below 400. I can say that we were all disappointed to see absolutely no change. Indeed this must have been patched.