Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love The Game But About That Platinum..

MiLLerLight22

I understand this is a F2P game and its in beta but is there any chance for certain market options to become available for credit purchase such as extra warframe slots, weapons slots, or extended color customization, etc. Credit purchase would have to be extremely expensive in comparison to the platinum value if this was to come to pass.  Like 100,000-500,000 credits for another warframe slot.  Or perhaps maybe a credit to platinum trade system similar to that used in Guild Wars 2 where you pay say, 100,000 credits for 1 platinum.  Something to that nature, food for thought, that's all.  Great game, keep it up :D.

Well they did have a platinum for credits, but they removed that. Cause it would make paying people have it way to easy to get all the stuff, they want people to actually play the game.

The other way around i can not see happening at any time, atleast not any time soon.

I do agree that there should be a way to get warframe / weapon slots without having to pay, but it should not be something that is easy to get or that you can get a ton of, no offense on that cause i am able to buy slots.

Developers would like some way to get some money back from this game / project. Or food on the table as many would like to say instead.

Also it has been suggested in multiple ways of how it could be done, one which i like the most is getting mastery levels and you will be able to get slots in a way with that.

Edited by NovaKiller

Look, you say you understand that the game is F2P.

You should also understand that unlike the game, life is NOT F2P.

The developers have to get money from somewhere, they have to sell something exclusive.

This is where slots come in to play.

Judging by your username (MillerLight22) you're at least old enough to drink.

Even in Canada that's, what, 18?

You should be old enough to earn money, old enough to pen a bank account, old enough to register with Paypal (Or similar service), and thus old enough to drop $5 - $10 on a game you're enjoying.

Really, just $10 buys you enough platinum to unlock more inventory space than the game currently has weapons to fill.

Well they did have a platinum for credits, but they removed that. Cause it would make paying people have it way to easy to get all the stuff, they want people to actually play the game.

The other way around i can not see happening at any time, atleast not any time soon.

I do agree that there should be a way to get warframe / weapon slots without having to pay, but it should not be something that is easy to get or that you can get a ton of, no offense on that cause i am able to buy slots.

Developers would like some way to get some money back from this game / project. Or food on the table as many would like to say instead.

Also it has been suggested in multiple ways of how it could be done, one which i like the most is getting mastery levels and you will be able to get slots in a way with that.

Thant would work for me nova, I really don't mind how they decide to go about it as long as its possible.  I agree you should be able to get it from actually playing the game.  It should cost a lot of credits especially with the update increasing credit drops or require certain ranking from playing the game enough. I feel  a bit limited to playing the game with only 3 warframe slots, feels like I'm not seeing every angle of the game.  If you have a link for the discussion I'd appreciate you dropping it.  Thanks for your input!

Edited by MiLLerLight22

Look, you say you understand that the game is F2P.

You should also understand that unlike the game, life is NOT F2P.

The developers have to get money from somewhere, they have to sell something exclusive.

This is where slots come in to play.

Judging by your username (MillerLight22) you're at least old enough to drink.

Even in Canada that's, what, 18?

You should be old enough to earn money, old enough to pen a bank account, old enough to register with Paypal (Or similar service), and thus old enough to drop $5 - $10 on a game you're enjoying.

Really, just $10 buys you enough platinum to unlock more inventory space than the game currently has weapons to fill.

First off this is just, as I stated above, "food for thought" meant to discuss whether it has been discussed before, what decision was made, how they went about it or just toss around some ideas. As for my username, nickname given to me in high school from the last name Miller, I am 20 years old (I do not drink), thus old enough to handle my financial affairs.  Like you said "life is NOT F2P" so yes, while I do understand that the developers would like some contributions from the game, developers understand that gamers do not want to be tied down by subscriptions or big fees here and there just for things like extra slots. Money is tight right now paying off student loans so no, I cannot make a contribution at this time.  However, a lot of developers put methods of obtaining nearly all or all features by means of actually playing the game (credits) but still make plenty of money from people that don't wish to invest a lot of time to get that feature (platinum)  They've also been known to put purely cosmetic features into the game to make their character look "badass" and do fine making money off that approach. There is more than one way to make money with a free to play game, is all I'm saying.  I respect developers and actually agree that they should be rewarded for their hard work, especially when their product is popular among gamers.  I more than likely WILL be making a contribution to the game in the future.  But regardless of all that, seeing as how this IS a forum for discussion on a BETA game and was clearly labeled FOOD FOR THOUGHT, I see no harm in inquiring about  the development of the game.  I really only intended to hear from people willing to discuss options and ideas, not someone that feels they need to explain my own situation to me (Just pay it, you're old enough).  All the same, thanks for your input.

Edited by MiLLerLight22

I think the default 2 available warframe slots feels too constraining for most F2P consumers. I think 5 is a far more arable and generous starting number for warframe slots. But otherwise I think the platinum prices are fair.

Thats the main issue - slots, specifically  warframe slots.  It difficult to choose 3 out of all the different play styles they have to offer.  Especially when they will be developing more in the near future.

Edited by MiLLerLight22

The only thing that i think really shouldn't be charged for is the warframe slots... How can you try them if you don't have enough slots for them? I don't care if the warframes are purchased with patinum, but slots? really?

Well they do need money.

BUT!

It would be nice to have this but I dont think they'd change it.

Considering its a Beta, i dont see why they have restricted slots in the first place. One would think they would want everyone to try out all or most of the weapons and frames in the game...

Unfortunately they're being dingles. I think its like locking classes in something like TF2 but the only thing keeping me playing is getting those new frames. ;__;

I'm guessing they have the restricted slots for two main reasons.  The first is to see how many people spend platinum to get more slots.  The second is to give them the option of going directly from open beta to live without a wipe.

The only thing that i think really shouldn't be charged for is the warframe slots... How can you try them if you don't have enough slots for them? I don't care if the warframes are purchased with patinum, but slots? really?

Agreed, I've made all my frames in the foundry so only paid credits for them but I'm not about to sell one that I like pretty well for one that I might like and end up hating.

Considering its a Beta, i dont see why they have restricted slots in the first place. One would think they would want everyone to try out all or most of the weapons and frames in the game...

This is the exact same thought I have. I'm actually slightly paranoid about shelling out cash because of future changes to the game which might make my spending a waste.