Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lan Support

xzenocrimzie

Now, I didn't do as much searching as I wanted to do to make sure that this isn't a duplicate thread, but I'm pretty certain that nobody has suggested this yet.

As a huge supporter of LAN gaming and actually going to your friend's house to go play games, myself and my friends find it lacking that there is no support for LAN gameplay for situations where there is, or may not be an internet connection.

Now, given that Warframe is an online game (and I definitely should stay that way), having an option to be able to play the game with friends over LAN and not over the internet would be kuhl.

Now, granted, it probably will not happen but eh, might as well put it forward! o7

You cant play this game offline, it requires and internet connection to save your data to the servers. So there will never be LAN

Yes I understand that to a very high degree. However if they added support for offline play (where stats are not saved) I wouldn't complain. I just want to be able to play the damn thing even when I'm up north with my buddies at the cottage where the wifi-hotspot does not exist.

Yes I understand that to a very high degree. However if they added support for offline play (where stats are not saved) I wouldn't complain. I just want to be able to play the damn thing even when I'm up north with my buddies at the cottage where the wifi-hotspot does not exist.

Play are your local coffee shop where wi-fi is free.

the problem here runs in line with the same problem that diablo 3 had, you can not play diablo 3 without internet connection even solo, but there is a VERY good reason for this, its just to better prevent hacking (btw this is the first time i have seen a lan suggestion but there are hundreds of people asking for offline)

LAN play is much welcomed. Considering that the game is using peer-to-peer connections for hosting, an option to not take a detour through the net just to play with another computer right next to yours is a nice feature.

the problem here runs in line with the same problem that diablo 3 had, you can not play diablo 3 without internet connection even solo, but there is a VERY good reason for this, its just to better prevent hacking (btw this is the first time i have seen a lan suggestion but there are hundreds of people asking for offline)

This doesn't make a lot of sense, since the game is locally hosted anyway, so hacking during gameplay (god mode, infinite ammo, etc.) shouldn't be a problem. Also, who cares if hacking in the offline mode is possible? Hacking on a private LAN party doesn't really make sense.

This doesn't make a lot of sense, since the game is locally hosted anyway, so hacking during gameplay (god mode, infinite ammo, etc.) shouldn't be a problem. Also, who cares if hacking in the offline mode is possible? Hacking on a private LAN party doesn't really make sense.

its about stats, when you hack offline and then come back online if it resyncs it is very possible that someone could have played with the data and gave themself max lvl everything, and the alternatives for this are just abit pointless in none of them would there be any reword to playing offline, the closest thing they could do is you play with the same stuff you had when you last logged on but that would mean all data would have to be stored in both the serve and your computer witch just dosent make sense to program or use your space to save something they already have saved