Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With No More Wave-Dashing...

VanillaRegal

My Rhino trundles along slower than ever. But instead of crying about it, I take it easy knowing my allies will have everything handled until they get to the boss or get swarmed. I am the Unstoppable Juggernaut and while my team rushes forward and loots everything/kills most of the enemies, I frolic through empty rooms and admire the scenery or walk backward and shoot the enemies that spawn behind me while I'm all alone. All the while, I listen to Tiny Tim's Living In The Sunlight, Loving In The Moonlight while I smash windows and explode barrels. I've managed to find three new secret areas because I've had the time and freedom to explore an empty room; getting all the money and resources.

The only problem comes from when the countdown starts from them being at extraction but since I generally head to where extraction is located at the start of the mission because I can't catch up to kill things I'm not too far behind.

Wave Dashing is uber simple technique that 50% of players found out pretty fast by running alongside with allies and figuring out that sliding made you go faster and it wasn't just FOV illusion.

But it doesn't end there. There are more dashes than you think, more complex.
*air dashing with Zorens - the one simple, fun and effective way to travel. All you have to do is get maxed out +%Attack Speed MOD, which is 60%, and learn how to use spinning air attacks (it's just matter of time before you completely get used to them, just like wave dashing). Speed boost is insane, and it also allows you to jump large distances, meaning that you can make yourself some shortcuts at some maps.

*ground dashing {MORE COMPLEX} - Use spinning ground dashes with good timing to make yourself dash twice or even trice as fast as wave dashing was.
This technique THAT I AM USING, is much more complex than people have seen on youtube, because i want to take advantage with "air dashing" and "ground dashing" that's why i refuse to say goodbye to Zoren

Also 60% AS Mod
Run -> Slide | SpinAttack -> Block -> Slide | SpinAttack -> Block [Repeat ] // Use block right after melee button, i bound my block to F so i just slide my finger from E to F

Notice how i missed sprint before second slide? It's because you don't have to touch Shift after first slide, because it kind of gets stuck if you hold CTRL.

Practice:
Slide | SpinAttack [Keep holding CTRL] -> After spinning animation is close to end you RELEASE and QUICKLY HOLD CTRL again, you will notice that you are able to slide for 2nd time without using shift at all :)

And what about Block? It's because of weapon animation that takes place after you finish a slide [Drawing out a weapon] which disables you to quickly launch another slide attack, until weapon is not fully dawn out. Block simply cancels that animations, so you can slide attack instantly again.

Note: This is sliding ground dash that can be used with Zorens, which is much more complex than using others swords, which doesn't require rampaging on keyboard because of addition messing with Block Edited by WingsOfGryphin

You don't it.

I am faster on Frost with no marathon / rush than any PuG I run with (including loki's built for speed). While peeps run on floor, use terrain for movement, to accelerate / launch yourself in the direction you want to go.

Doing some acrobatics while everyone runs the circle to climb a level for example.

ER why play Rhino or Frost in online games? Use something faster like Loki, Ash or Nyx. I only use Rhino or Frost when im playing with friends in private or in defense. People who do use the slower frames use Rush and stamina mods. You dont need health and armor when playing online anyway.

I dont like the idea of slow frames but cmon theres ways around it mate.

I leveled Rhino and Frost to 30, never wave dashed, and missed a single extraction in all that time.

If you can't follow the group, a little extra stamina isn't going to help you.

Rhino gets TONS o health shields and armor, you don't need high rank mods for those.  Take the points you're saving from health armor and shields and put them into Rush and Quick Rest.

If you seriously think Rhino needs uber health shields armor and stamina, then you obviously aren't grasping the whole game balance idea.  Why not give him high speed too? And high stamina regen?  Or 3 energy per level?