Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Stealth Brainstorm] (Copied From /r/warframe On Reddit)

Subhazard

Currently, stealth is far too unforgiving, and you usually have to rely on luck to keep the ship unalerted for the duration of a mission. This is coming from someone who has over 1000 hours dumped into the splinter cell franchise, so I'm no klutz.

It's lacking in a lot of areas, and some things need to be tweaked to make stealth both possible, viable, and rewarding. I mean come on, we're space ninjas. We should be stealthy.

MOTIVATION:

If we're talking pure numbers, playing stealthily gives you LESS affinity, as there are less enemies to kill, and you take longer with the mission. The solution would be to award the player more affinity for killing unaware targets, and even more affinity for stealth take-downs. Enough to compensate and even surpass a player who is going all out. A stealth kill should award you 300% affinity, and a stealth-takedown should get you 400% affinity.

ALARMS:

The alarm system needs work. All it takes is for a grineer or corpus to brush an alarm button with his arm hairs to send the entire ship on alert. Sure that's 'realistic' but we're playing a game here. It should take a full 5 seconds for an enemy to trigger an alarm, and perhaps a countdown timer should appear above his head, or a minimap warning. Same should go for putting the ship into lockdown.

You should also be able to disable alarms or shoot alarms TO disable them, much like cameras. I see no reason why this can't be so.

ALERT:

If an enemy sees me, it should alert other enemies in a small radius of perhaps 5 meters... not an entire quarter of the ship. For example, today I was crouch walking around with my paris, and I lined up a shot on a buzzsaw grineer. He went 'huh?' a half second before the arrow hit him in the face. A few seconds later, an entire platoon came rushing in ready to fight from a room waaaaay down the hall.

This is how I think it should go: "On Sight" Alert: Radius of 5 meters. Gunfire Alert: Within audible radius.

Hell, the 'huh?' should make people come and investigate curiously, not cause them to go into FULL COMBAT MODE ENGAGE LETS KILL US SOME TENNO.

TAKEDOWNS:

Takedowns that dont kill an enemy should knock them down without giving out an alert, lining them up for a ground finishing move. Stealth takedowns should also do double charge damage... because it's stealth. Your space ninja, on an unalert enemy, should be able to line up to attack a vital organ no problem. That's the entire point of stealth, to attack on your own terms.

REACTION TIMES:

Need to be lowered, just slightly. Not 'hur dumb' low, but enough to make it possible.

We're playing space ninjas, we aren't ACTUALLY space ninjas in real life.

LEVEL DESIGN:

Levels need to be designed with stealth in mind, especially doors. The levels also would do good to be a little less linear. Not the linearity is a bad thing, but this game wants to be a bit more open. You can just feel it. For stealthy-flippy ninjas, open levels are almost an obvious design choice. People really seem to like the defense levels and the new ice levels. We could use more levels that have hallways that still connect to the same room, rather then just one long hallway with a few random branches leading to storage lockers. It would also help if the waypoint was simply a direction, and the hallways weren't dead ends. We'd have an idea as to where to go, and multiple choices on how to get there. The 'hold my hand' waypoint system really limits how much fun you can have with this game.

SENTINELS:

The shade's Ghost feature is great, but if you're behind cover, a shade hovering in the wrong spot can ruin your stealth, and you can't directly control where they hover. When you crouch, they need to hover lower to the ground. Much lower.

This is a brainstorm, please return to this submission later as it is subject to change as discussion persists.