Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defence Mission Rewards Need Buff After 7.8

PsytruK

Been farming gaia recently for rubedo with a small group of randoms, very rarely going up to wave 10 because the mission rewards you get are usually garbage (ciphers, very low tier mods). Then one match with a new group, once we hit wave 9 we deside to go for wave 15, even though we had gotten several good mods and alot of rubedo (had collected about 250+ rubeto at that point from the one run, was a VERY lucky trip from my experience) wave 13 we encountered a bug where a enemy got stuck underneath the stairwell, had to Radial Disarm and shoot his cattle prod to kill him, then we barely made it past wave 14 and 15 (had to use several ammo packs), only to find out that after wave 15 we got.... Vitality. Yup, Vitality. Not even a high level version, just the basic 2 power. Literally the wave 5 and 10 rewards were better. I was hoping for a rare mod, or even a decent uncommon, or even better, a banshee helmet, but nope... vitality. Felt kinda like a kick in the junk now that if we fail at any point, we lose all progress, only to find out all that extra effort was all for some common mod that everyone had half a dozen of and a near maxed one equiped.

I feel that the defence missions rewards (or at least for waves above 10) should get buffed, especially in light of the 7.8 update changes. Might sound a little ranty, but it is dis heartening to risk it all and put that much more effort into getting a vitality.

Would like to hear your thoughts.

Came close to flipping computer :)

And yes endgame perspective is different, but for those of us who arent endgame (I'd like to think the majority) it is rather annoying. Especially since supposevly banshee parts have a higher drop chance from defencive missions then raids (I think) and I seem to recall prior to 7.8 the 2 times I made it to wave 15 getting a Metal Augur and another Rare mod, getting the incredibly commons for a more risk system seems off putting.

Just wanting to clarify that I am not complaining about the difficulty, I like a high risk high reward mechanic, adds a nice change to the normal grind of farming, but when its high risk crap reward for most of the time it makes the high risk less viable.

Well, you heard my thoughts. There is a section of the population that views that mod as valuable, whereas any rare in its place would be less valuable.

I'm sorry if the fact that they designed the game to appease multiple sections of the playing population upsets you.

That's not what I am saying at all. The mod rarity should go up as the waves increase. If someone wants to farm weaker mods they can do lower missions, I'm fine with that. But I think that the further you go, the better or less common the reward should be. Just played another up to 15, and got fast deflection. Not a bad mod by any means, but once again, high difficulty, high risk, and I got a mod I can find multiples of during the defence or literally a dozen of during a calypso run.

Im failing to see how me saying that if I progress far in a defence I would like at least a uncommon or better mod is me saying I don't appreciate them trying to let people farm common mods.

This might be off topic but, they should really enable the chat box for the defence reward screen, how else are you going to discuss if we are carrying on or forfeiting in a PUG group?

Now that the risk vs reward is higher then before, deciding what to do next with your group is really important