Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Ideas (Mechanics, Tile Sets, Etc.)

GrogBeard

After some thorough enjoyment of this game, my buds and I have gathered together some ideas. I will now present them.

1. Capture Victims Flee - If you shoot him once he kinda runs around. If he had an escape pod to hop into a room away, and he moved at a decent pace, this could turn into a fun "cat and mouse" kind of situation. Perhaps not the capture victims themselves, but with all this running around, a chase seems to be in this games natural progression. Perhaps some sort of random spawn Treasure Hunter mob (Diablo 3) akin to the Stalker, that would flee and become a kind of panic event.

2. Solar Rails and Exterior Combat - Personally I love opening a room onto a bunch of guys, seeing the breakable glass in the background and sucking all of the air out of the room. In the faction descriptions on the Wiki, it is mentioned that Corpus have control of all of the Solar Rails. Some sort of Space Train tile set would be SO CHOICE. Moving between cars, getting forced onto the roof (which is in space, perhaps?) and jumping between parallel cars sounds dope as all get out. Also moving between bubbles of enclosed space fighting enemies would be interesting, and present good choices to the players surrounding mobility. 

3. Above/Below stealth - This idea takes the form of a question. There are plenty of zones and areas where you can get above and below enemies. Are they less aware in the vertical axis? Could they be?

4. Sonic the Disruptor - The energy loss on Disruptor attacks is brutal, and that is okay with me. It makes them high priority targets, and hard to deal with in many ways. What if they sucked out your energy and stored it somewhere in their squishy bodies. Or a percentage of that, so they drop some energy when they die. That or knocking the energy out of you with their melee so you have to scurry around to pick it up again. Perhaps a trait of new enemy?

I wholeheartedly agree. Especially the bit about exterior combat. I was introducing this game to a friend of mine and I shot out a window, his immediate response was to ask if you could go outside. That idea had never actually occurred to me and I instantly tried to jump out the window. I was disappointed when I meet a giant invisible wall there. But oh well what can you do.

These are some good ideas GrogBeard and I appreciate you not suggesting a nerf of the Ancients. They are supposed to be tough. Can't just be wadding through the infected levels with our battles axes a-blazin' now can we.

Anyway, good luck out there Space Ninja's.