The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Mode Suggestion

TunaMayo

I've been thinking of a couple of game modes that hopefully would be do able.

First one I thought of was "Hunter" which would be more orientated around rushing. It involves starting at one end of the map and attempting to capture the enemy before they reach their escape pod. Therfore fast frames would be useful in catching up and attempting to slow the escapee whilst the slower cc frames catch up. Of course their would behhordes of mooks on the way to carve through but the escapee would be a mini boss that would take a bit of a beating.

The other game type I considered was a reverse of defence where the tenno have to break down fortifications etc to reach the enemy with "layers"of defences and increasing enemy strength and a reward at the centre. You would constantly be under fire with cover but this would mean most frames would have a way to divert fire or reach cover fast or tank etc.

These were just fleeing thoughts i decided to jot down. Thoughts?

Yup, it would make the capture missions more meaningful. Instead of a corpus guy stoning in a room, we should be chasing after him. If he knows he's gonna get captured/assasinated, he will run and not hide in a room right? ;D

I like the one the is similar to defense....like you go through a certain amount of layers of defense and a mini boss is waiting for you at the end and has a chance to drop like rare mods, lots of credits, or bps.  Just my two cents...feel free to disagree with it.

I like the one the is similar to defense....like you go through a certain amount of layers of defense and a mini boss is waiting for you at the end and has a chance to drop like rare mods, lots of credits, or bps.  Just my two cents...feel free to disagree with it.

That's what I was getting at, so making your way to the centre would be hard and then in the centre you have mini boss or lots of hard units to defeat for rewards. Obviously with scaling for different planets. Perhaps also similar to defence you can choose to go on to a higher difficulty for better rewards/tougher enemies and fortifications?

Trevizesc care to expand? The Hunter mode I suggest is almost an ambush but what would your mode be?

Hopefully someone with influence or better ideas will read this as I don't think it would be to far fetched to implement and they could be fairly fun new additions!

Ooohhh I get it, its like the revese of defense missions. For all those who are a tad fuzzy on the idea, allow me to help OP explain his idea (or at least as far as I understand it).

Opening

The Tenno infiltrate a base but such doesn't go unnoticed thus the Grineer/Corpus/Infested throw up their defenses.

Gameplay

As the team goes deeper/higher into the base (via pseudo rounds based on the large tile map/s....maybe....) the opposition becomes tougher and tougher. Grineer would throw more elite troops awaiting in ambush, Corpus would set up machinations of war and tech traps, and infested would throw waves of shambling flesh. After 4 sets there will be a mini-boss, like a sargeant, within the 5th. After that, the team (like defense missions) can leave and "cut their losses" or "push deeper into the base."

Reward

As others have mentioned, the mini-boss should give a reasonable sum/rarity of something depending on the stage.

Ooohhh I get it, its like the revese of defense missions. For all those who are a tad fuzzy on the idea, allow me to help OP explain his idea (or at least as far as I understand it).

Opening

The Tenno infiltrate a base but such doesn't go unnoticed thus the Grineer/Corpus/Infested throw up their defenses.

Gameplay

As the team goes deeper/higher into the base (via pseudo rounds based on the large tile map/s....maybe....) the opposition becomes tougher and tougher. Grineer would throw more elite troops awaiting in ambush, Corpus would set up machinations of war and tech traps, and infested would throw waves of shambling flesh. After 4 sets there will be a mini-boss, like a sargeant, within the 5th. After that, the team (like defense missions) can leave and "cut their losses" or "push deeper into the base."

Reward

As others have mentioned, the mini-boss should give a reasonable sum/rarity of something depending on the stage.

Yeah pretty much.

I had this idea that to get into the next level of the fortification you have to either break down some doors or unlock them (hopefully with a better or more challenging lockdown system than as of now) whilst being shot at. So the team has to protect eachother to get further in and then fight as a team to survive.