Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switching To Leave At Last Second..

se05239

..it sucks.

While I do support DE's decision of having you lose all stuff (except XP) if you fail a mission.. it sucks to be the victim of such.

I played a game of Endless Defense of Xini with 3 people. It went really, really well.

Tons of mods and resources (even a bunch of neurodes) we all found and we faced no problems.

But after wave 10 (yeah, not 30+ but still), we got to choose if we wanted to leave and claim our stuff, or continue fighting.

They all three went Battle. So I also joined Battle.. but at that last second.. no.. last half a second.. They all switched to Leave, in perfect coordination and all. I didn't even manage to react on what happened.

Turns out the randoms I joined, probably weren't so random. 

Freaking douchebags.

I cannot handle 20+ ancients by myself. So I died at wave 11. Lost everything.

They must be having a laugh now, I can only be sad that people like that exist.

If DE reads this, all I would ask of you would be to set the choice of leaving or continuing in stone.

If you choose Battle, then you are forced to stay Battle.

If you choose to leave, then you cannot change your choice.

..or at least invent some kind of "checkpoint" system each 5 waves, so not all your progress is lost.

Edited by se05239

I don't think everything should be lost in endless defense if you die, its just too frustrating! 

Just for endless defense it would be more fair if you only loose all your mods and resources if you quit between checkpoints like they did for reasons like this.

I see how the DE is trying to add the risk/reward aspect, but as you point out it is flawed.  I think the best option would be that once you select battle or leave you are locked to that decision.  Sorry about your luck! That really sucks!

I can only agree with him, even though I have not expirienced such a case by myself, but can only imagine how frustrating that would be. 

An alternate suggestion of mine would be that the things you find are being saved every 5 waves, kinda like checkpoints. But I'm no game designer or Founder, so i don't have that much influence on it.

Unfortunately, this is actually starting to become a trend.  Did their names begin with an s? 

Imo, there should be a blacklist option that would prevent from joining the game if it detects that someone on your blacklist is in that squad or game.  In close beta, there weren't as many douchebags.  As we get more new players, there will sadly also be an increase in the troll population and it will only get worse as time goes on.     

Unfortunately, this is actually starting to become a trend.  Did their names begin with an s? 

Imo, there should be a blacklist option that would prevent from joining the game if it detects that someone on your blacklist is in that squad or game.  In close beta, there weren't as many douchebags.  As we get more new players, there will sadly also be an increase in the troll population and it will only get worse as time goes on.     

I did not pay much attention to their names.

Its so in many games, the more people that are allowed to play, the more people start abusing the system, troll and greif. 

Some people just get way too many kicks from being complete retards.

I see how the DE is trying to add the risk/reward aspect, but as you point out it is flawed.  I think the best option would be that once you select battle or leave you are locked to that decision.  Sorry about your luck! That really sucks!

Yeah, but trolls gonna troll. If they did that too you then there is nothing stopping them from dc'ing after they select battle assuming they don't care about the loot they'd be losing. I like RalfJones suggestion though. Having personal blacklists is something I've wanted for a little bit now. There was a time when I was getting Loki trolled like nobodies biz, I'd blackball those guys in a heartbeat.

I would say a 5 second lock in could occur but that wouldn't fix the problem either. What about if someone switches it resets the timer or adds 10 seconds or something? It would only need to happen once, that way if someone tries to victimize you in this way at least you can switch your vote to leave and get out with your stuff.

I don't think a lock in would be effective because at times I will go for leaving or keep on going but change my vote depending on how I feel about other people (leaving changing to staying if I feel it would go well) or if everyone else wants to leave and I voted to fight, I'd change to leave.

Locking people in would further screw people over as well. What's to stop them from just waiting to vote til the end? What if you vote to fight and everyone else votes to leave? You can still be screwed.

The current defense mission is like a gambling system where you place your bet on winning better? stuff or cashing out early. 

Blacklist is definitely needed not only for those last second switchers but also the chat spammers, afkers, RQers, and the random internet wannabe thug.

If pvp is introduced, there will be an increase in hack users that have the potential to turn this game into hacker wasteland where the only players left will be cheaters trying to boost their stats.   

Well, that wouldn't stop them from just quitting out, or waiting until the last second to select leave.

The Leave/Battle mechanic probably needs to be re-examined entirely in light of the new quitter-punish mechanics.

<p>DE_steve stated this is not going to change and to many people were playing/farming defense. I just dont play defense anymore. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Wave 5 should secure your loot.</p>

<p>Wave 10 again loot secure.</p>

<p>And on...</p>

<p> </p>

<p>This has just opened up a bad can of worms. People now select stay and then at the last second switch to leave so your left alone. Many just leave at wave 5 and take the reward and dont even attempt to play any higher.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Missions should remove loot, xp and credits etc and tbh if your failing missions you need to play on an easier planet.</p>

<p>Defense needs fixing quickly as its the only real end game and challenge many of us had.</p>

Agree.  Punishment for failing is fine.  But implementing that at the same time as making it so new people don't join in after wave 5 is just...painful.  I've been with so many groups that could get to 25+ easily, but one guy decides that he really wants Heated Charge.  Getting to even wave 15 with 3 people is hard.  Your problem is another byproduct of all the well-intentioned lack-of-thought regarding defense changes.

Though the fix is simple for this particular case.  Extend the timer by 5-10 seconds for someone who's alone.  If they let people join in late again, then the wait time could get you some more people.

Oh Stacey, come on. You've made like 2 or 3 posts with the exact same complaints. Unfortunately, thats all, just complaints and begging for the issue to be fixed. How? What are your ideas on how to fix it? You keep talking about challenge, but there is nothing stopping you from getting your challenge. Get 3 other like minded people and challenge yourselves. If you are joining in on pugs you can't expect they're there for anything other than leveling gear, map unlocks, or just grabbing a few quick mods. People on these forums, in my Clan, and in the council are still going into defense missions and succeeding. Again, you just sound upset about the loss of easy farm.

Edited by Vilesavant