Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Kick

Mthw

Recently there have been a few jokers that love to mess up the game for other players . They would take the Data terminals and go afk so the other would not be able to complete the mission . Why they do this , i don't know  . & if they dont afk they just run around and irritate other players . The most recent player that has done this is " GammaRay_HM "  

I highly Recommend a kick function to get these players out .

Vote Kick or Afk timer would be a great solution for this . 

An Afk timer would be better than votekick since it would be harder to abuse. Votekick tends to start spreading a more hostile atmosphere, although sometimes something similar might be needed to get rid of the intentional griefers. Certainly players who just want to play the game should have some means of protecting themselves from intentionally griefing.

Maybe if a player goes afk they would get friendly fire enabled on them, that way they could be disposed of properly by the players. Or get sucked out a hull breach or get a stalker sent after them.

Vote kick would probably be abused by the same trolls who do this afk thing, but I can't see the afk timer being a solution either because of people who would just keep moving around... At least it would deter a few of them.

Edit : Thought of a possible solution. As long as one person is holding the datamass the information is shared by all warframes. So only one would have to make it to the point while someone is carrying. This forces them to either drop itand let someone else pick it up or hold onto it and let them finish. (Them constantly dropping it and picking it up to reset the timer or be babysat so they can't do this would still be a challenge)

Edited by DrCashew