Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Does Work... [Login Reward]

LOYALTOTHEGANK

Okay, who waved the pink shorts to get this removed? :|

*raises hand*

I actually cared more about laughing in these nay-sayers' faces than letting this go unsolved for my own profit. I guess that makes me a bagood guy.

I just managed to get a Catalyst recipe after clicking it in the "Reward Wheel", not sure if that was just a VERY lucky coincidence or not though (if not then I feel like an idiot for basically missing all the other ones before today T_T)

You used to be able to click on it while it was spinning fast.  Then they made it so you could only click on it once it had slowed down.

Now it can only be clicked on the last 2-3 slides.

At this rate eventually it will be removed :\

I told you.

Good job guys - you made a 9 page topic and kept it bumped for 3 days because of trolls/skeptics and now the ability to get catalysts + reactors will be severely nerfed because they saw it  =.=

I told you.

Good job guys - you made a 9 page topic and kept it bumped for 3 days because of trolls/skeptics and now the ability to get catalysts + reactors will be severely nerfed because they saw it  =.=

Most people knew it was a bug and would be fixed since a couple weeks back DESteve said that if it was working that way it was unintended.  Either way you should be rolling in them by now because you were so "lucky" to have the spinner land on "random" rare items so often.  Really the only luck here was whether or not you could reproduce the bug or not as it seems many people's configs could not reproduce the results.

I told you.

Isn't this game still in open beta ? I didn't think the point of a beta was to figure out bugs and exploits and hide them from the devs.....

I told you.

It's a bug.

It needs to be fixed. I have reported many many "player friendly" bugs because.. they are still bugs.

The bugs were reported - I reported it myself.  

This doesn't mean I'm not going to use it till they 'fix' it.  To be honest since the last patch changed the mechanics (they have changed them 2-3 times now) I figured it was working as intended.

Especially since the 2-3 most popular topics on the forums the last few weeks have been about the subject... its not as if they haven't seen or heard about it being clickable still.  If it wasn't working as intended they would have made it just so that it was a visual effect.  It is not hard to do such a thing.  Thus it makes anyone who knows anything about programming ask "why would they even have such a bug unless it was an intended system".

The fact they have merely "tweaked" the mechanics (2-3 times mind you) instead of removing clicking functionality all together makes the whole thing seem entirely intentional...if anything it is a miscommunication between the people who are changing the mechanics and the people who say "these mechanics should not be in there at all".  It's a commonplace problem while developing a game.  Especially one that goes through as many patches as warframe (good on the devs for this <3 its a nice change of pace as a pc gamer)

Personally? I don't mind finding this stuff out. I'll leave it to DE's better judgement whether they want to fix it or not, especially with something like this where I can understand both sides of the issue.

Good show, Fatal.

Sometimes these forums feel like Reddit. People will attack an unpopular opinion for the sheer sake of fitting in, even if that dissent is by far more logical. Thanks for sticking to your guns against an onslaught of assumption-based, nearly fanatical theorycrafting of the majority degree. In the end, you were proven correct by a dev. Feel that sweet, sweet vindication. Savor it. Mm, mm, mm. Damn, doesn't that feel good?

...did you even read Steve's post? Fanatical theorycrafting? I don't even...

How in the world does meticulously proving over multiple attempts using video evidence amount to "fanatical theorycrafting"? Before the many videos were posted, your post might have been somewhat reasonable. When you think coincidence on a massive degree is more likely than a possible bug/exploit that the devs missed, you're the one being illogical.

Edited by Quetzhal

Good show, Fatal.

Sometimes these forums feel like Reddit. People will attack an unpopular opinion for the sheer sake of fitting in, even if that dissent is by far more logical. Thanks for sticking to your guns against an onslaught of assumption-based, nearly fanatical theorycrafting of the majority degree. In the end, you were proven correct by a dev. Feel that sweet, sweet vindication. Savor it. Mm, mm, mm. Damn, doesn't that feel good?

- Fixed login rewards clobbering your current loadout.

There was a bug. It was found and fixed. Today. "assumption-based, fanatical theorycrafting" and "proven correct" indeed.

Thanks for getting on this so quickly, Steve.

Edited by Quetzhal

There was a bug. It was found and fixed. Today. "assumption-based, fanatical theorycrafting" and "proven correct" indeed.

Thanks for getting on this so quickly, Steve.

Actually, wasn't there a bug where certain rewards would strip equipped items of mods or something?  I don't think that quote is related.

Actually, wasn't there a bug where certain rewards would strip equipped items of mods or something?  I don't think that quote is related.

Not that I know of? I've never heard of that. I think a dev might have also said something about the catalysts/early clicks being fixed in another thread, but I don't really remember now.

Either way, it is impossible to click early now (video evidence shows rolls ending early on click; it is now impossible to end a roll by click, as far as I know).

Edited by Quetzhal

Yep now it is impossible to click, also there is significantly less chance of getting an orokin reward in the 12th slot compared to the other slots that they show you. Why even bother showing us those other slots if we can't click them? Here's to the next months being filled with only ammo box login rewards, blue balls to the max.

Not that I know of? I've never heard of that. I think a dev might have also said something about the catalysts/early clicks being fixed in another thread, but I don't really remember now.

Either way, it is impossible to click early now (video evidence shows rolls ending early on click; it is now impossible to end a roll by click, as far as I know).

My experience as well. So now we need a better way of getting potatoes.

Heck, planting and harvesting real potatoes is faster than getting a darn orokin reactore!