The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Soloing Kit

Sparrohawk

Question

Hi fellow 'framers,

I've discovered that online play is usually laggy as hell for me (perhaps due to living in Australia), so it's Private or Solo for me, and I wanted to get some advice on a good solo-ing frame/loadout. I was thinking Ash with a Paris, but I've learned not to trust my preferences :P

Thoughts?

8 answers to this question

Something Tanky with Hek and Lex/Akbolto would work nicely. In solo and group, I've found that stealth is not of huge importance, and being able to take a blow or two is huge. That said, Shade can be of some assistance, cloaking you when sheilds are low (though you have to get close to an enemy for that).

I do everything with my trinity warframe. Every boss is just becoming a matter of time, not of skill.

i got all my trinity skills on rank 3 (well of life, energy leech, link, blessing) + flow and streamline ranked up a bit and ofc + shield and health and shield recharge. all i do is gather a bit energy prior bossfights.

at bossfights i just keep my link and my energy leech up all the time

weapons are hek + akbolto + scindo where hek and scindo are supercharged and my akbolots are rank 10 or so xD

background: link makes you invincible while transfering damage you take to another enemy/ally. most of the time its the boss itself so whenever he tries to hurt my, he hurts himself. energy vampire returns energy based upon the damage you did to that marked target (up to 100)

now here comes streamline into play (additionaly i got energy siphon). link + energy vampire cost about 100 energy (with streamline mod) and give you back 100 energy if done right. this makes it pretty easy to kill bosses.

remember: energy vampire only returns energy if you hit health, not shields

I solo everything with a Loki armed with a Paris/Hek and Afuris/LatoVandal, whichever I feel like.

This was the direction I was going to point you into. It really doesn't matter which warframe you choose. It just depends on what your gaming style is. I prefer to move slowly and more stealthily in Solo. My Loki does good on that. (Ash would work for you) I slowly make my way forward now with a Lex Pistol. Decoy and run to a safe location or Invis and crit melee on mobs. If any are standing after invis melee is over I carry a Strun to finish up the rest.

I'm still trying to find that "ideal" melee weapon. But suffice to say, it all depends on your style of gameplay.

Like to rush and don't mind getting hit? Use a tanky frame. Rhino, Trinity, Frost

Like to take it easy or don't like getting hit? Use a stealth style. Loki, Ash, Banshee

Want a little of both worlds? Use a balanced frame. Excalibur, Nyx, Mag

Want to use elemental/ skills? Use a "magic" frame. Volt, Saryn, Frost (?), Ember

Warframe is a great game with a lot of possibilities. I hope this helps.

Edited by simeo77

For stealth I would say Loki works better than Ash, if only because of his Decoy. As Rakuall pointed out, being able to take hits is a big thing in solo play, so why not get your Decoy to do it for you? Of course if you melt them with your melee, it won't matter too much if you choose Ash over Loki.