Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jump Kick Inspired By The Beta Trailer

zelgaris

I've already wrote this as a comment in my Thoughts on controls movement customization melee ninjaing etc, yet I assume this have more change to be actually implemented as a single idea rather than a part of huge post not many people decide to read at all...

I assume you've already seen the

. It's nice and it's one of these trailers showing us cool stuff and animations (which we can't, sadly, actually execute in the game) to alude the crowd and mislead a bit in the process. Not that we can do anything about it than dealing with it these days...

Anyway, there is a particular section, which inspired this idea (and I am not talking about the stupid sequence, where Loki is knocked down and the attacker just leaves him to stand up slowly). I am talking about the part, where Loki performs a jump kick against the boss.

Warframe_Open_Beta_Launch_Trailer.gif

See the difference between this jump kick and the ones you do in the game?
In the in-game version, after executing a jump kick, the tenno continues through the enemy, while in the trailer, Loki bounce back from the enemy.

If you ask me, I would like to have both of these versions in game.

Considering the Implementation, current jump kick is performed by holding crouch in the air. The alternative (i.e. trailer) version would be triggered by holding the jump key in addition to the crouch during the jump kick and it would result in the enemy being staggered or knocked to the ground, while the tenno flips back (and can connect to roll, for example).

What do you think?

I don't know, for simplicity I'd say only add the bounce off version for bosses, and have it stagger them like in the trailer instead of doing nothing like right now.

I don't suggest that for simplicity, but for more variability.

Since the game has the slide, just make it knock enemies up like in Bulletstorm.

Srsly, I want proper air-juggling in the game. I don't care how you do it, make a special warframe or sth, just let me launch enemies in the air and beat the S#&$ out of them DMC style.

i think that animation should just be done on enemies that cant be knocked down with jump > slide, and to stagger them too

and as a warning that the enemy is not down yet and you may be #*($%%@

Edited by Babalenong

Since the game has the slide, just make it knock enemies up like in Bulletstorm.

Srsly, I want proper air-juggling in the game. I don't care how you do it, make a special warframe or sth, just let me launch enemies in the air and beat the S#&$ out of them DMC style.

No, there are some significant technical issues with being able to "throw" enemies around who then need to somehow get back up again. Once you look, you may notice that no living enemies really get thrown through the air, they are either already dead or else they're just being forced to walk along the floor with a fancy animation.

What happens when you're playing defense and you kick a living enemy into a glitchy part of the map? Ooops, mission-abort time! That's why they just fall down pretty much where they stand.

Edited by HvcTerr

I know everyone has crazy ideas, crazy in a good way but let's be understanding of the devs here. With that being said, I think they dug themselves a hole with this one showing what "happens" in game so-to-speak. It would be a nice little variation of combat if we added this. Totally for the flying kick.