Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback

Hippaforalkus

So far, Warframe is shaping up to be a pretty good game. I'm impressed.

Mechanically speaking, the Latron is one of my favorite weapons. I love semi-automatic, high-accuracy, high-damage weapons that reward aiming first before shooting. However, it used to make this hideous, ear-grating 'CLACK! CLACK! CLACK!' noise, which became irritating after about the fifth time I pulled the trigger. Then something amazing happened - I forgot to mute my speakers when using it a few days ago, and suddenly, it's not only bearable, but it sounds cool! I love the new sound! THANK YOU!

Previously, the credit grind was so painfully slow, it was impossible to upgrade one's gear, use consumables on a reasonably regular basis, and simultaneously save up for manufacturing new goodies. I don't know if the devs did math to figure out exactly how much the missions should be paying out, but they got it JUST RIGHT. It doesn't feel like a grind in the slightest, and it still incentivizes the use of platinum to get things quicker.

On the note of consumables - very wise decision, making almost all of them purchasable with credits. This game needs a credit sink, and toting around a handful of heal packs really makes the toxic ancients less of a profound pain in the butt.

The environments seem procedurally generated - sometimes they are roughly the same, but most of the time, they are quite different. I really, really like that feature. It still needs some more work, since the environments do feel a little stale after a while, so I would advise making some more rooms for the randomizer to pick from.

Some of the planetary missions make no sense at all. My first one was on Venus, and it's a frozen wasteland? Dafuq? After playing through a number of these, I think it is because the dev team just has not done different planetary environments yet.

The 'data masses' we carry around in some missions make it irritating to use a rifle as a primary weapon. Considering that Tenno apparently have no problem using massive Gorgon rifles when on a zipline, I think it is also appropriate that players be allowed to carry a long gun and a datamass simultaneously.

Some blueprints (such as those for the Orokin Catalyst and Reactor) are drop-only, and I have never ever had one drop. Sentinel blueprints are for sale for 100,000 credits, so why not Orokin Catalysts and Reactors? The only options for these items are either platinum or random number generator.

For reasons I never really understood, some weapons are XP locked? Does this serve a purpose other than to annoy people, force them to level another weapon up from scratch, and invalidate all their accumulated XP on a weapon they might want nothing to do with ever again?

The accuracy stat on some weapons...seems to be arbitrary and irrelevant. The Braton MK-1 has more numerical accuracy than the Snipetron? I think someone got the values mixed up. If 'accuracy' refers to anything except the wideness of the cone of fire of a weapon, maybe it should be called something other than accuracy?

Edited by Hippaforalkus