Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Remove The Unlocks Warframe And Weapon Slots

Zaxc

Perhaps have a system that rewards for paying for a platinum weapon for the first time by adding another free weapon slot?
The same could apply for Warframes, that'd hook people into buying not just one warframe, but maybe another with their platinum, getting more worth for that first purchase would make it more enticing to make that first (and maybe only) purchase for some players.

The game is really lackluster in endgame content and with the inability to have more warframes and weapons without deleting old ones that the player might have spend several hours leveling hinders the interest of many players to continue and eventually drop some cash on cosmetics. I would like see a model similar to Blacklight, where you can acquire everything but have two free loadouts.

Warframe is free to play. No one ever said you will be able to get everything in the game for free. Your still playing free even if you were only given 1 slot for all types. They have to give you a reason to want to spend money and slots are 1 good reason. If your at the point in the game where you have more than 1 frame you have shown commitment and proves you like the game. Spend a little cash and support the game. If you bought any other game it would cost from £10 to £50 so why not do the same for Warframe when your sure its the game for you.

Warframe is free to play. No one ever said you will be able to get everything in the game for free. Your still playing free even if you were only given 1 slot for all types. They have to give you a reason to want to spend money and slots are 1 good reason. If your at the point in the game where you have more than 1 frame you have shown commitment and proves you like the game. Spend a little cash and support the game. If you bought any other game it would cost from £10 to £50 so why not do the same for Warframe when your sure its the game for you.

While you may be right about the fact that you get to play for free, limiting free players to only get a few warframes unless they pay is not a good decision, because it will mostly add to the frustration of grinding. Considering the fact that, in order to get a warframe, you already need to grind a lot and also be lucky, making slots only available through platinum will just make most players reach a stale-mate, where they won't buy any more slots or won't even grind for stuff anymore because they won't want to sell their warframe/weapons that they acquired and leveled up after a very long time just to be able to grind and level up a warframe/weapon again which they may or may not like.

I at the moment have 5 warframes and almost all my weapon slots are full and since i have played a lot to get them and to level them up, i really have no intention of selling anything that i wasted countless hours on. Also i don't find the game to be worth playing any more, since i have everything almost filled up and i'm not able to do anything else other than wait for some cool alert to pop-up, or play a defense mission that may or may not be filled with bugs or lags.

In addition, considering the fact that more warframes and weapons are going to be released in the future, a new player confronted with the choice of either paying 20 or more euros just to be able to grind everything in the game or just playing the game a little until he gets his slots filled he will most likely choose the second option, after which he will just get bored and play another game entirely.

Edited by Story4

Honestly I thing getting one warframe slot and two weapon slots per Mastery rank is fair. There are currently twelve warframes and fifty two weapons (not including the Prime frame, Prime and Vandal weapons).

A player would need to be Mastery Rank 12 to get all the warframes currently, and much higher to get all the weapons. How many people do you know that are even close to that rank?

Honestly I think that the unlocks are a fun part of the game its something to work for, so you want to take them away and make the game easier? Don't be a pansy!! 

You can't unlock slots, you have to purchase them with real money. That's what the debate is about, whether Digital Extremes should allow players to unlock slots through leveling up.